zoom Black Series by Tune MAC 650b Wheelset
Black Series by Tune MAC 650b Wheelset
The Black Series MAC-650b wheelset weigh in at approx 1388 grams a pair producing an extremely light yet durable all-round XC wheelset. This alloy MTB wheelset feature custom NoTubes Crest rims which can be converted using standard NoTubes Tubeless kits.
Top Features of the Black Series by Tune MAC 650b Wheelset
- Model: MAC-650b
- Use: MTB Cross Country only
- Build: Hand built in Germany
- Front rim: NoTubes Crest 650b/27.5” (650b) box-section alloy clincher rim / Tubeless ready / 32-hole
- Rear rim: NoTubes Crest 650b/27.5” (650b) box-section alloy clincher rim / Tubeless ready / 32-hole
- Front hub: Black Series MTB front disc hub / 32-hole 3-cross / ISO 6-bolt disc mount / CNC Machined 7075 T7 Heat Treated Aluminium / Oversize 17 mm axle / dual bearing (Available in QR & 15 mm Thru-Axle)
- Rear hub: Black Series MTB rear disc hub / 32-hole 3-cross / CNC Machined 7075 T7 Heat Treated Aluminium / Oversize 17 mm axle / quad bearing / 9-10 speed Shimano, Sram Freehub (Available in QR, 12 mm x 142 mm and 12 mm x 135 Thru-Axle)
- Spokes: Sapim D-Light 2.0/1.65/2.0 triple butted spokes
- Spoke nipples: 12 mm alloy spoke nipples with locking threads
- Weight (Front wheel / QR): 644 grams
- Weight (Front wheel / 15 mm Thru-Axle): 641 grams
- Weight (Rear wheel / Shimano / QR): 748.5 grams
- Weight (Rear wheel / Shimano / X12 12 mm x 142 mm): 754.5 grams
- Weight (Rear wheel / Shimano / Maxle 12 mm x 135 mm): 746 grams
- Colour: Black
- Please note! Recommended rider weight 110 kg max / XC use only
|Wheel Size:||27.5" (650b)|
Black Series MTB wheels are laced 32-hole three-cross front and rear for maximum lateral stiffness & power transfer. The slightly higher spoke count verses many standard boxed wheels allow for a lighter weight rim to be used, resulting in a lower peripheral weight and lower un-sprung weight while maintaining durability. Black Series MAC-650b wheels are hand built in Germany using Sapim D-Light 2.0/1.65/2.0 triple butted spokes and alloy spoke nipples with locking treads offering high strength and serviceability.
Last but not least, the most important component in Black Series wheels, the hubs. Hand built in Germany by Tune the Black Series hubs offer the ultimate combination of light-weight, durability and performance. Each CNC machined to the finest tolerances from the highest grade 7075 T7 Heat Treated Aluminium, featuring oversize 17 mm axles (which can be converted to any axle standard) front and rear and high-grade precision bearings for the lowest rolling resistance. All Black Series MTB hubs also feature the standard ISO 6 bolt disc rotor mount for maximum brake compatibility. Based on a race proven design created over a decade ago, Black Series hubs offer pure engineering and timeless style. Proven in World Championship competition. Hand made in Germany by Tune.
Black Series Wheels
One of the best ways to improve your bicycle's performance is to upgrade your wheelset. No other single component can offer a greater competitive advantage!
All Black Series wheelset components are individually chosen to be the best in their field. For example: Black Series hubs manufactured by Tune in Germany withstand high spoke tensions (Less possibility of wind-up or buckling), they use extremely high-grade bearings (reducing friction & rolling resistance) and are among the lightest and highest precision hubs in production. We use lightweight yet durable Sapim spokes in standard off the shelf lengths with standard exposed alloy spoke nipples for ease of service or replacement, and all wheels are hand built in Germany using a selection of tried and tested super light rims. Black Series wheel designs have been proven in World Championship competition, many winning World Cup and Olympic events.
About the Black Series by Tune brand
Black Series products are a new range of hi-end, hi-performance bicycle components designed specifically to offer the ultimate balance of light-weight, durability, efficiency, quality, price and availability. Born out of the desire to create the ‘ultimate’ collection of upgrade components with matching design, colour and graphics, produced by the worlds leading ‘super-light’ component manufacturers, to create world beating race-bread products through decades of engineering knowledge and skill. Black Series Components are manufactured using the highest quality materials, assembled to the most accurate tolerances. The stealth black design with minimal graphics will complement any bicycle with timeless style. Many Black Series components are based on designs tested and proven in World Championship and Olympic competition, ridden to victory by the world’s fastest racers in the most demanding conditions.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $6.62
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.99
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?