This Boardman Elite Air 9.8 Frameset is no longer available although you may find similar or newer versions below:
The Elite Air 9.8 Frameset is proof that Boardman are right up there in the aero road bike game. With high modulus carbon fibre construction and wind tunnel developed tube profiles, no wonder it's received such rave reviews in the cycling press.
|Front Derailleur Mount:||Braze On|
|Wheel Size:||700c (622)|
Whether you're racing for the win in the World Triathlon Championships or one of the world's greatest road races, it's all about exploiting minimal gains and the AiR/9.8 has enough of them to make the difference between the win and 2nd place. The AiR frame speaks for itself and is finished with a world-class component package. Boardman Bikes sponsored Alistair Brownlee, Olympic Champion 2012 and Jonathan Brownlee, Olympic Bronze medallist 2012 both ride the AiR/9.8.
- New AiR Aerodynamic Racing frame, fork and seatpost
- Full high modulus carbon fibre monocoque construction
- Wind tunnel developed tube profiles for real world conditions
- Down tube, seat tube and seatpost shaped for maximized airflow and reduced wind resistance in real world head and cross wind conditions
- Forks and seat stays have flat inside and curved outside surfaces for enhanced airflow interaction between the frame and wheel. This is further enhanced when using deep section wheels
- Full internal cable routing with cables entering behind the headtube for further airflow enhancement and clean lines
- Rear brake positioned underneath chainstay
- Mould design incorporates one piece PF30 bottom bracket and optimized oversize box section chainstays with steep taper at dropout for maximized power transfer and strength
- 4 position seat post to ensure that riding position can be dialled from 73°-75° for either Road, TT or Triathlon disciplines
- Internal front brake for enhanced airflow
- Stable, predictable geometry to cope with all race situations
- Full carbon fork with tapered fork steerer for increased stiffness and steering precision
- Mechanical and Di2 compatible cable routing
Road frames have come a long way in recent years with new advancements in technology and materials. Carbon fibre, aluminium and titanium are all widely used now as well as the more traditional steel tubesets. They all have their own advantages: aluminium offers good performance at a reasonable price, titanium offers ultimate performance at a premium price while carbon fibre offers superb comfort and performance at intermediate cost. It is not uncommon for the materials to be mixed to give the benefits of all the materials in one frame - a carbon fibre rear end on an aluminium frame, for example. Here at Wiggle we list a selection of road frames to suit most budgets, from the affordable aluminium frames right up to the technically advanced carbon and titanium frames from leading manufacturers.
The latest exciting range of Boardman bikes inspired by a true
From mountain and road to performance hybrid and track bikes there is
something in the range for everyone - so no matter what kind of bike you
ride, or what level you’re at, Boardman keep your cycling experience at the
forefront of their minds.
Chris Boardman MBE, record holder of the fastest ever Tour de France Prologue, achieved many victories throughout his illustrious career including World Champion, National Champion (at both Junior and Senior level winning over 30 titles) and his iconic Olympic Gold Medal winning performance aboard the famous Lotus track bike.
Chris has represented his country at four Olympic Games, the Commonwealth Games and the World Championships, and went on to work at the cutting edge of bike design with the record breaking Beijing Olympic track team and now brings his expertise to you through Boardman Bikes.
|X Small||Small||Medium||Large||Extra Large|
|Height||cm||151 - 163cm||163 - 170cm||170 - 178cm||178 - 183cm||183cm|
|Inside Leg||cm||69 - 74cm||71 - 76cm||74 - 81cm||79 - 86cm||84cm|
|Top Tube (Virtual)||mm||525mm||540mm||555mm||570mm||585mm|
|Seat Tube - Center to Top||mm||490mm||505mm||520mm||545mm||565mm|
|Head Tube Angle||Degrees||72°||72.5°||73°||73°||73°|
|Seat Tube Angle||Degrees||74°||73°||73°||73°||73°|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||mm||68mm||68mm||68mm||68mm||68mm|
We are sorry, but due to your delivery destination USA we can not dispatch this item.
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?
Wiggle Ltd. 1000 Lakeside, Suite 310, Third Floor N E Wing, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EN, United Kingdom /
Company No: 2667809 /
VAT No: 884 2571 94
There are no facilities for customer collections or returns at this address. Please ensure any returns are processed as instructed on the Help page - Returns.
Executive Director: Will Kernan.