The new Boardman Elite Air 9.8 TT Frameset has been developed using the latest CFD and wind tunnel technology and with the Ironman World Championship Title in Hawaii already under its belt, the Boardman team's hard work has clearly paid off.
|Front Derailleur Mount:||Braze On|
|Wheel Size:||700c (622)|
The new AiR 9.8 TT frameset, incorporating CFD and wind tunnel developed tube profiles for real world conditions, internal brake and cables hidden from airflow, all results in a world-class TT/Tri frame paltform proven on the world's biggest stage - helping to steer Pete Jacobs to the Ironman World Championship Title in Hawaii.
- New AiR/TT Aerodynamic Racing frame, fork, brakes and seatpost - Full high modulus carbon fibre monocoque construction
- CFD & Wind tunnel developed tube profiles for real world conditions
- Down tube, seat tube and seatpost shaped for maximized airflow and reduced wind resistance in real world head and cross wind conditions
- Internal front brake is hidden within the fork structure to maximise clean air around the front of the frame
- Rear brake is hidden under the BB to further maximise clean air at the rear of the frame
- Forks and seat stays have flat inside and curved outside surfaces for enhanced airflow interaction between the frame and wheel. This is further enhanced when using deep section wheels
- 4 position seat post to ensure that riding position can be dialled from 76°-79° for either TT or Triathlon disciplines
- Mould design incorporates one piece PF30 bottom bracket and optimized oversize box section chainstays with steep taper at dropout for maximized power transfer and strength
- Carefully considered full internal cable routing with entry point behind the headtube for further airflow enhancement and clean lines
- Stable, precise geometry to cope will all race situations
- Full carbon fork with tapered fork steerer for increased stiffness and steering precision
- Mechanical and Di2 compatible cable routing
Road frames have come a long way in recent years with new advancements in technology and materials. Carbon fibre, aluminium and titanium are all widely used now as well as the more traditional steel tubesets. They all have their own advantages: aluminium offers good performance at a reasonable price, titanium offers ultimate performance at a premium price while carbon fibre offers superb comfort and performance at intermediate cost. It is not uncommon for the materials to be mixed to give the benefits of all the materials in one frame - a carbon fibre rear end on an aluminium frame, for example. Here at Wiggle we list a selection of road frames to suit most budgets, from the affordable aluminium frames right up to the technically advanced carbon and titanium frames from leading manufacturers.
The latest exciting range of Boardman bikes inspired by a true
From mountain and road to performance hybrid and track bikes there is
something in the range for everyone - so no matter what kind of bike you
ride, or what level you’re at, Boardman keep your cycling experience at the
forefront of their minds.
Chris Boardman MBE, record holder of the fastest ever Tour de France Prologue, achieved many victories throughout his illustrious career including World Champion, National Champion (at both Junior and Senior level winning over 30 titles) and his iconic Olympic Gold Medal winning performance aboard the famous Lotus track bike.
Chris has represented his country at four Olympic Games, the Commonwealth Games and the World Championships, and went on to work at the cutting edge of bike design with the record breaking Beijing Olympic track team and now brings his expertise to you through Boardman Bikes.
|Height||cm||151 - 163cm||163 - 170cm||170 - 178cm||178 - 183cm|
|Inside Leg||cm||69 - 74cm||71 - 76cm||74 - 81cm||79 - 86cm|
|Top Tube (Virtual)||mm||510mm||530mm||555mm||570mm|
|Seat Tube - Center to Top||mm||500mm||500mm||510mm||520mm|
|Head Tube Angle||Degrees||72.5°||72.5°||73°||73°|
|Seat Tube Angle||Degrees||76° - 79°||76° - 79°||76° - 79°||76° - 79°|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||mm||68mm||68mm||68mm||68mm|
We are sorry, but due to your delivery destination USA we can not dispatch this item.
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?
Wiggle Ltd. 3 Optima, Northarbour Spur Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3TU, United Kingdom /
Company No: 2667809 /
VAT No: 884 2571 94
There are no facilities for customer collections at this address.
Executive Director: Stefan Barden.