- Boardman Elite SLR 9.8 Frameset 2014
Sorry - this product is no longer available
Boardman Elite SLR 9.8 Frameset 2014
Boardman Elite SLR 9.8 Frameset 2014
Add Boardman Elite SLR 9.8 Frameset 2014 to your basket now
The SLR shows off the new superlight full carbon monocoque frame & forks. An outstanding frameset with clean aero lines, internal cable routing & a stylish paint design.
Top Features of the Boardman Elite SLR 9.8 Frameset 2014
- New Superlight racing frame weighing in at 798g frame
- Full high modulus carbon fibre monocoque construction
- FEA developed frame profiles ensure that strength, stiffness and weight are maximised by putting material where it's needed and removing it where it isn't
- Down tube shaped for the optimum lightweight, stiffness and strength
- Seat stays have a combination of flat inside and curved outside surfaces for enhanced airflow interaction between the frame and wheel and narrow profile for reduced weight and shock absorption
- Mould design incorporates one piece carbon PF30 bottom bracket and optimized oversize box section chainstays with steep taper at dropout for maximized power transfer and strength
- Clever full internal cable routing offers airflow enhancement and clean lines without the weight penalty of conventional routing
- Stable, predictable geometry to cope with all race situations
- Full carbon fork with blade profiles designed for steering precision and lightweight and a tapered steerer for further increased stiffness and steering precision
- Mechanical and Di2 compatible cable routing
|Wheel Size:||700c (622)|
The frame features improved internal cable routing and offers enhanced airflow and clean lines without the weight penalty of conventional routing, a full carbon fork with blade profiles designed for steering precision, and a downtube that is shaped for the optimum stiffness and strength. Also, the seatstays have a combination of flat inside and curved outside surfaces for enhanced airflow interaction between the frame and wheel and narrow profile for reduced weight and shock absorption.
In total, this frameset is built for speed and is full of aero technology to make you go faster than you have been before.
About Road Frames
Road frames have come a long way in recent years with new advancements in technology and materials. Carbon fibre, aluminium and titanium are all widely used now as well as the more traditional steel tubesets. They all have their own advantages: aluminium offers good performance at a reasonable price, titanium offers ultimate performance at a premium price while carbon fibre offers superb comfort and performance at intermediate cost. It is not uncommon for the materials to be mixed to give the benefits of all the materials in one frame - a carbon fibre rear end on an aluminium frame, for example. Here at Wiggle we list a selection of road frames to suit most budgets, from the affordable aluminium frames right up to the technically advanced carbon and titanium frames from leading manufacturers.
About the Boardman brand
The latest exciting range of Boardman bikes inspired by a true
From mountain and road to performance hybrid and track bikes there is
something in the range for everyone - so no matter what kind of bike you
ride, or what level you’re at, Boardman keep your cycling experience at the
forefront of their minds.
Chris Boardman MBE, record holder of the fastest ever Tour de France Prologue, achieved many victories throughout his illustrious career including World Champion, National Champion (at both Junior and Senior level winning over 30 titles) and his iconic Olympic Gold Medal winning performance aboard the famous Lotus track bike.
Chris has represented his country at four Olympic Games, the Commonwealth Games and the World Championships, and went on to work at the cutting edge of bike design with the record breaking Beijing Olympic track team and now brings his expertise to you through Boardman Bikes.
|X Small||Small||Medium||Large||Extra Large|
|Height||cm||151 - 163cm||163 - 170cm||170 - 178cm||178 - 183cm||183cm|
|Inside Leg||cm||69 - 74cm||71 - 76cm||74 - 81cm||79 - 86cm||84cm|
|Top Tube (Virtual)||mm||525mm||540mm||555mm||570mm||585mm|
|Seat Tube - Center to Top||mm||475mm||490mm||505mm||530mm||545mm|
|Head Tube Angle||Degrees||72°||72.5°||73°||73°||73°|
|Seat Tube Angle||Degrees||74°||73°||73°||73°||73°|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||mm||68mm||68mm||68mm||68mm||68mm|
We are sorry, but due to your delivery destination USA we can not dispatch this item.
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?