Campagnolo Zonda Clincher Wheelset
Add Campagnolo Zonda Clincher Wheelset to your basket now
|Black||Campagnolo 9 / 10 / 11||
Add to Basket
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
|Black||Shimano / SRAM 9 / 10 / 11||
Add to Basket
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
The Zonda clincher wheelset, with it's Mega G3 technology, offers excellent torsional & lateral stiffness making it ideal for racing or training rides on hard roads. A versatile & strong set of wheels with a rock-solid track record in performance.
Top Features of the Campagnolo Zonda Clincher Wheelset
- Wheel features
- Milled rim reduces the peripheral weight of the rim and makes the wheel extremely reactive
- MoMag allows the external profile of the rim to be free of holes thus increasing structural resistance. Also makes rim tape unnecessary and reduces the weight of the wheel
- Dynamic Balance means every point of the rim is counter-balanced by an equal weight on the opposite side giving maximum stability of the wheel even at high speeds
- Differentiated rim height of 26mm at the front provides optimal handling, whilst 30mm at the rear transmits all your power to the wheel
- Spokes anti-rotation system allows the spokes to maintain the best aerodynamic position
- Exclusive Mega G3 spoke pattern for perfect balance of the spoke tensions on both sides of the wheel. Reduces stress, increases transversal rigidity and the transmission of power to the wheel. MEGA G3(TM) eliminates vibrations even with "heavy" cyclists
- Oversized flange on the drive side hub increases the torsional stiffness, increasing reactivity at each change in rhythm of the pedal stroke
- The aluminium hub body provides a high degree of lateral stiffness and the aluminium axle reduces the weight of the wheel
- Wheel specifications
- Front wheel weight: 670g
- Rear wheel weight: 880g Campagnolo, 924g Shimano
- Rim height: 26mm (front), 30mm (rear)
- Rim width: 20.5mm
- Spoke count: 16 (front), 21 (rear)
- Compatibility: 9/10/11 speed
|Wheel Size:||700c (622)|
This wheelset excels in great performance and delivers excellent rider reliability due to it's strength and the technology that makes this wheel so good.
Campagnolo has developed an assembly architecture which, compared with a traditional wheel, makes it possible to improve energy transfer, reduce the stress on the spokes on the right and increase transverse rigidity. This is achieved because in G3 geometry the right-hand side of the rear wheel is fitted with twice as many spokes as the left.
The results of G3 system are truly extraordinary: better transfer of the driving torque, better lateral rigidity, reduction of the stress in the rear wheel spokes. And thanks to the G3 system that compensates for the forces acting on the 2 sides of the wheel, there are no more wheel vibrations, even for heavier people.
G3 becomes Mega-G3 thanks to the oversize flange. This solution allows the increase of the torsional stiffness values even more, to the benefit of the overall responsiveness of the wheel.
A technology that offers several advantages to the structural integrity of the wheel as well as eliminating the need for rim tape. The name derives from “Mounting Magnet” system, shortened to MoMag.
Please note these are clincher mount only, the 2-Way Fit version is pictured for display purpose only.
About the Campagnolo brand
Besides distinguishing themselves for their unparalleled quality and performance, Campagnolo products have also become the benchmark of design. This is testified by the prestigious Compasso d'Oro award granted by the Associazione Design Italiano in recognition of the Veloce groupset, Ergopower integrated controls and Shamal high-profile wheels. Campagnolo is not only involved in the cycling world, but dedicates itself to all sports in general. In fact, it was named by the Wall Street Journal as one of the most prominent sports brands in the world. A reputation earned not only as a result of the countless successes achieved in racing competitions, but also by virtue of the attention given to quality and to service that sets this company apart from all others.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $6.62
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.99
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Magazine reviews for Campagnolo Zonda Clincher Wheelset
Review from Bikeradar
Campagnolo's light and super-tight Zondas are great if you rate speed over comfort. Though not toeing the 'fatter is better line, the rim isn't super-thin so won't unduly pinch fatter tyres.
Highs: Stiff, fast, smoothly reliable
Lows: Might be too stiff for some
The front rim is slightly shallower than the rear, for more responsive, windproof steering. The Mega G3 lacing clumps the bladed spokes together in two driveside/single offside batches, and it's not just cosmetic - the rear wheel is seriously stiff with great power transfer.
The Zondas put punch into acceleration and maintain momentum on steep climbs, though the ride is on the firm side. The bearings are smooth and the bombproof steel freehub is available in Campag and Shimano/SRAM formats.
Light, semi-aero wheels with good power transfer but a very firm feel
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Does this mean there faulty???
As far as a I know it is designed for 11 speed, so if you are fitting 10 or 9 speed it needs an extra spacer which is supplied.
I am 102kg and have had no trouble with these wheels at all.
(I have asked this same question for the Campy Sirocco wheels)
'Campagnolo Zonda 2 Way Fit Clincher Wheelset '
What's the difference?
Will this fit my Giant TCR Advanced 2012? It used to have a Ultegra 10 speed cassette, but now have a 105 cassette on it.
Any help would be appreciated!!!
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?