zoom Crank Brothers Eggbeater 3 MTB Pedals
Crank Brothers Eggbeater 3 MTB Pedals
Add Crank Brothers Eggbeater 3 MTB Pedals to your basket now
|Silver / Blue||
Add to Basket
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
|Silver / Matte Black|
|Silver / Red|
The Eggbeater 3 pedal provides the form & function of Crank Brother's exclusive four-sided entry, at a price that allows you to outfit any bike. Cast stainless body & spring with steel spindle add strength & stability without a weight penalty.
Top Features of the Crank Brothers Eggbeater 3 MTB Pedals
- Pedal features
- Excellent mud-shedding: the design is very open
- 4-sided entry: clip in on all 4 sides of the pedal, by pushing forward or pulling backwards on the pedal
- Extremely lightweight: pedal design is very simple with only a few key parts
- Increased float: 6° of side-to-side rotational play. The float of the pedal allows for the rider to shift positions on the bike, while keeping their feet clipped into the pedal. This allows for improved rider control and bike handling
- Fit adjustment: crank brothers premium cleats can be adjusted for either 15° or 20° release angle. Zero-float cleats can be purchased separately
- Customise the fit between your shoe and the pedal by using tread contact sleeves
- Crank brothers pedals are fully re-buildable for simple maintenance. There is a consistency in parts across all pedal models, which allows for ease of servicing
- When servicing this pedal, use the rebuild kit designed for level 3 & 11 pedals
- Pedal specification
- Weight (per pedal): 278g
- Spindle: forged chromoly steel
- Body: cast stainless steel
- Wings: cast stainless steel
- Spring: 300 series stainless steel
- Inner bearing: needle
- Outer bearing: cartridge
- Cleats: premium brass cleats included
- Release angle: 15 or 20 degrees
- Max rider weight: no restriction
- Colour: blue, red, or matt black (not pictured)
- Warranty: 5 years
The design for the original crank brothers pedal began out of frustration. The founders of crank brothers, Carl and Frank, were tired of getting stuck in mud-covered pedals with no way in or out. They realised that existing pedals were too complicated
It started with a simple question: what is the best way to attach a shoe to a crank? To answer this question, Carl and Frank created a system with only two moving parts hinging on a spring. This system became known as the eggbeater pedal, and later it was adapted into the candy pedal.
A word on maintenance
In order to keep your crank brothers pedals running smoothly, they recommend the following:
- clean pedals every 30 hours of riding
- remove the pedal body from the spindle and wipe it clean of any dirty grease
- apply fresh grease to the inside of the pedal before re-installing the spindle
About the Crank Brothers brand
Carl and Frank (hence Crank Brothers) have always been keen MTBers. Ever since they were engineers working for a diving equipment company in Southern California in the late 1980s, they have been exploring ideas of how they could design cycling products that would improve their riding experience. In 1994 they launched their first product: the highly innovative “Speed Lever”. This telescopic tyre lever made installing/removing tyres from rims much easier. The M series mini tools and the Power Pump range of mini hand pumps followed 4 years later; the latter including the proprietary “high volume/high pressure” switch that is still appreciated today. The brand’s breakthrough, however, came when Crank Brothers launched the Eggbeater pedal in 2001: an extremely lightweight, minimalist pedal with superb mud-shedding capability and 4-sided entry. It is this same pedal platform that paved the way for subsequent pedal models to cover all MTB disciplines – Candy, Mallet and 5050. Today many of the top athletes in the World ride crankbrothers pedals. You will find they are well represented at top level cross-country MTB, Cyclo-cross and World Cup DH events. Innovative design of aesthetically disruptive products remains the core mission. All crankbrothers products are technical, durable and beautiful.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated Delivery within 8 working days – $14.99
Spend $10.20 more to qualify for free delivery
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $21.60
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.98
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?