Fizik Superlight Classic Handlebar Tape
Fizik Superlight Classic Handlebar Tape
Add Fizik Superlight Classic Handlebar Tape to your basket now
|Black||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Black Soft Touch||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Blue Metallic||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Blue Sid||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Brown||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Brown Honey||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Celeste Bianchi||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Dark Grey||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Dark Grey Soft Touch||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Green||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Pink||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Red||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Silver||Add this item to your wishlist|
|White||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Yellow||Add this item to your wishlist|
|Red||Discontinued - no longer available|
Top Features of the Fizik Superlight Classic Handlebar Tape
Fi'zi:k MicroTex is super tough, stretch resistant and breathable. Best looking, most comfortable tape of it's kind.
- Colours match Fi'zi:k saddles
About Bar Tape
Bar tape adds the finishing touches to your pride and joy, you can go for colour coded bar tape or even carbon fibre bar tape, but it's not there just to look good, it actually serves an important function by absorbing road vibration and providing a grippy surface for you to hold onto. Cork tapes offer high levels of road vibration absorption, to get even higher levels of comfort you can use gel pads under the tape on points of regular contact if needed.
About the Fizik brand
The Fi'zi:k brand was born in 1996 - a high-end bicycle saddle line, designed and handmade in Italy by the world's largest saddle manufacturer. Fi'zi:k is the phonetic spelling of the word "physique" - referring to the form or state of the human body. Fizik have three saddle shapes; there is the dipped platform found on the Gobi and Aliante range. The second is their flat style found on the Arione and Pave range. The third is the new Antares which sits between the previous two shapes. Dipped platform saddles give a supported riding position and 'cup' the pelvic bone, these are ideal for riders who tend to remain in one position on the saddle. Flat saddles allow the rider to move forward and backwards on the saddle and are ideal for distance riders on varying terrain. The Antares range bridges the gap between dipped and flat saddles, offering 300% more padding and a 15% larger sitting area when compared to their competitors saddles. Whilst still maintaining a low weight from as little as 145g, there has been no sacrifice to construction or rider comfort. For 2009 Carlos Sastre, of Cervelo Test Team and 2008 Tour De France champion, has made this his saddle of choice. Fizik produce saddles in varying lengths to suit riders needs, Arione are longer in length at over 300mm with an increased nose length. The Pave, Antares and Aliante ranges are a more traditional length at under 290mm. Triathletes, Time Trialists and women are specifically catered for with the Vitesse range. Within this range there is the Tri/TT specific range which incorporates increased padding in the nose of the saddle for extended periods on the tri-bars and the Ladies Life Vitesse which is specifically shaped for the female form.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
Standard Delivery: Estimated Delivery within 8 working days – $12.70
Spend $63.62 more to qualify for free delivery
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $19.05
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $31.80
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Magazine reviews for Fizik Superlight Classic Handlebar Tape
Review from Road Cycling UK
Going by this handlebar tape, MicroTex is a stretch-resistant and breathable material with a rubbery outer layer. Not sure about how breathable it is, but the stretch resistant claim has credibility; it is not that easy to fit without leaving a wrinkle somewhere.
Do it right, however, and you have a good-looking finish to any road bars with a surface that offers a distinct - and agreeable - tactile sensation. It feels good when wet, too, but does not offer much by way of cushioning.
Nor should it be expected to resist a crash; the tape may be tough, but the rubbery finish comes away without much resistance. So, those wanting low-rent utility might want to look elsewhere. Anyone wanting an attractive, grippy, lightweight finish that will last with care but needs careful handling can buy with confidence one of the many shades of MicroTex tape on offer.
Kit includes bar ends and extra strips for behind the brake hoods.
Attractive, comfortable, grippy and colourful bar tape
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
2. Read the instructions supplied with your bar tape.
3. Ask a friend to help you apply the tape who should also read these instructions.
4. Remove the old tape and end plugs from your handle bars, clean them with white spirit and wipe dry.
5. Peel a sufficient amount (say 30cm) of the backing tape from the middle of the underside of the bar tape to expose the adhesive surface. If you have tape from very old stock the glue may have dried if so see 13 below.
6. Poke the end of the exposed tape into the end of one of your handlebars and while a friend holds the remainder of the tape begin to thread the tape (anticlockwise left hand bar, clockwise right hand bar) round and round the handle bar sealing the sticky part to the handlebar with the outer unglued edge overlapping the tape as applied with each 360% turn.
7. As you twist the tape round the bars your friend will untwist the remainder of the tape so that you have a straight run of tape to apply. Your friend will remove more of the backing strip feeding more exposed tape for you to apply.
8. Be extra careful not to leave parts of the handlebars exposed when you begin to apply the tape and on covering bends.
9. Always pull tight pull on the tape to slightly strech it when firmly aplying. Undo retrace and reapply any loose binding or exposed metal.
10. When you reach the desired end point straighten the tape to make a tidy finish and after checking there are no gaps and the overlap is all OK cut off any excess tape and press the end down to seal.
11. Remove the backing strip to expose the glue on a black sealing strip and wrap around the end of the tape one turn and part overlap one more turn onto the bare metal on the bars to prevent the bar tape unwinding and coming loose.
12. Seal the other end of the tape by inserting the plastic bar plug into the end of the hollow handlebar. If it is too tight to insert cut off any surpls tape but be careful to leave enough to be gripped by the handlebar plug. You can use part of the black sealing strip to secure this end as well if there is a problem.
13. When complete grip the bars and twist and press the tape in the same direction it has been applied to enable the glue to get a firm hold.
14. Helpful hint? Spray the handlebars with vinyl adhesive before applying the tape. This will prevent the tape coming loose where the glue supplied is not very strong and the tape is open to the elements.
15. Thank your friend for assisting.
Includes two small bits of tape for under the levers, finishing tape and end plugs
You get two lengths of tape,
one for each side.
It is long enough if you normally leave 2-3 inches on the tops for your computer/lights etc.
It was a good length fit for my full drop bars.
I'm interested in buying this handlebar tape but was looking for something to match my dark brown brooks saddle.
Can anybody tell me if the brown is a dark brown and would match with a dark brown brooks saddle?
What i did as i wanted a softer feel near the brake levers, firstly i wrapped old bar tape in that area prior to finish of with the new stuff.
Real happy with the feel and looks....strange i don't go any faster though!
The blue in the picture is 'blue' and not light blue.
Hope this helps
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?