zoom Formula R1 Racing Disc Brake 2014
Formula R1 Racing Disc Brake 2014
Formula's R1 Racing redefines ultra-light disc brakes for 2014 with its revolutionary new pull master cylinder. The R1 Racing is the lightest disc brake in the market thanks to its titanium hardware, Kevlar braided hose and composite reservoir cap.
Top Features of the Formula R1 Racing Disc Brake 2014
- Forged radial pull master cylinder for less friction and more durability
- High capacity reservoir with composite reservoir cap
- Flip-flop master cylinder
- One piece post mount caliper body with 22mm pistons
- Top and bottom vented caliper body for maximum cooling and performance
- Top loading pads simplify pad changes
- Easy rub free brake installation
- MC Body: Polished and anodised
- Caliper Body: Polished and anodised with black cap
- Lever Blade: Forged aluminium
- Hose: Braided Kevlar 100cm front / 165cm rear
- Brake Pads: Semi-metallic with aluminium back plate
- Mounting: PM6
- Hardware: Titanium
- Weight: 267g (85cm hose, 160mm 1 piece rotor and mounting hardware)
- Does not come supplied with rotor or mounts but does come with Ti rotor bolts and Ti caliper bolts
The R1 racing has Formula's revolutionary new Pull Master Cylinder Technology which see the master cylinder piston pulled instead of pushed through the bore resulting in less friction and more durability. This design also leads to a more compact design improving ergonomics and kinematics but keeping a high volume reservoir with composite cap. This new body design also sees weight drop by more than 15g.
Forged radial pull master cylinder
Removable handlebar clamp
Flip-flop master cylinder
Composite reservoir cap
Hard anodised master cylinder piston
High capacity reservoir
Laser etched logos
Forged one piece caliper with 22mm pistons
Top and bottom vented caliper body for maximum cooling and performance
Top loading pads simplify pad changes
Laser etched logos
ECT (Enhanced Caliper Technology)
Proven ECT (Enhanced Caliper Technology)
Increased rollback of the brake pads
Easy rub free brake installation
Increased fluid capacity
About Disc Brakes
Bicycle disc brakes consist of a metal disc attached to the wheel hub that rotates with the wheel. Brake calipers are attached to the frame or fork along with pads that squeeze together on the disc. The way it is attached to the bike will be either by IS (International Standard) which has two holes facing the disc or Post Mount, which has threads going into the fork. Disc brakes have been successfully used on motorbikes for decades, and are the principal choice there. The primary benefit of disc brakes is that they perform equally well in all conditions including water, mud and snow. This is due to their position closer to the hub and away from the ground and possible contaminants like water, which can coat and freeze on the rim in colder temperatures. The pads are usually made from metal sinters or an organic compound instead of rubber. Water acts as a lubricant to rubber but not metal, therefore disc brakes maintain their stopping power in wet conditions. They also avoid the problem that rim brakes have of wearing out the wheel rims, especially in muddy conditions, as well as the requirement that the rim be straight. Disc brakes offer improved modulation of braking power and generally require less finger effort to achieve the same braking power. The advantages of discs make them well-suited to steep, extended downhills through wet and muddy off-road terrain, common in freeride bicycle riding.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $7.00
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $35.00
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?