Giro Advantage Time Trial Helmet - 2012
Giro Advantage Time Trial Helmet - 2012
Add Giro Advantage Time Trial Helmet to your basket now
|Matte / Black White||Large||Discontinued - no longer available|
|Matte / Black White||Medium||Discontinued - no longer available|
|Matte / Black White||Small||Discontinued - no longer available|
|White / Silver||Large||Discontinued - no longer available|
|White / Silver||Medium||Discontinued - no longer available|
|White / Silver||Small||Discontinued - no longer available|
Top Features of the Giro Advantage Time Trial Helmet - 2012
The name says it all! The Giro Aero helmet really is designed to give you a competitive advantage.
- Sleek aerodynamic styling for minimum resistance when cutting through the air at full speed
- Performance tested at two of the world's leading wind tunnels: Texas A & M and the University of Washington, to ensure top results every time
- Fully functional EPS foam liner offers a new level of crash protection without compromising aero efficiency
- In-mould construction adds structural integrity to the helmet and allows a lighter and more comfortable helmet to be produced
- Six vents are positioned to provide enough cooling without disturbing rider airflow
- Giro RocLoc retention system provides the optimum fit, essential for increased safety
- Worn by many professional cyclists in the Tour de France including Lance Armstrong
The choice of elite professionals like Lance armstrong, Alberto Contador, Levi leipheimer, David Millar and Alejandro Valverde. Advantage represents the pinnacle of aerodynamic performance, fit and ventilation. Simply put, it's what the world's best riders wear when every thousandth of a second counts.
Roc Loc 5
After more than two-years of development, Giro introduces Roc Loc 5. This groundbreaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings.
With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40-percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- Micro Dial: The heart of Roc Loc 5 is this ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial. A simple, two-finger twist of the Micro Dial opens or closes the retention system and each click is audible.
- Three-Position Bracket: It's never been easier to change vertical positions and fine-tune fit. We incorporated a three-position bracket that features 15-millimeters of up/down movement. Like the Micro Dial, this system can be adjusted without removing the helmet. Carefully-crafted ergonomic arms are shaped to be as comfortable as possible, yet work flawlessly with Giro eyewear (what we call Super Fit engineering).
- Dual Pods: These two panels are designed to firmly grasp the back of your head while comfortably cradling the occipital lobe.
- Strap Baskets: With Roc Loc 5, your helmet straps are always right where you need them. Not to mention this strap basket brings a new level of comfort.
Please Note: Due to volume constraints, only size large is available as the Advantage 2 version with Roc Loc 5 fitting. Size small and medium are supplied as the regular Advantage.
About Road Helmets
Performance cycle helmets offer unrivalled levels of protection with the absolute minimum of material. They are ridiculously light and feature a series of huge vents, designed to scoop up air and direct it over your head. On long, hot climbs, the difference is noticeable.
In order to cycle on the road or compete in a race it may be a legal requirement in your country to wear a helmet certified to a specific standard or an international equivalent. All helmets sold on Wiggle are certified and labelled with a European CE EN1078 standard. Please check your country’s requirements to see if this is sufficient and if necessary contact the manufacturer to see if this helmet has been additionally certified for your country.
About the Giro brand
Giro has been supplying quality light-weight cycling helmets to millions of riders, cyclists, skiers and snowboarders around the world since 1985. Giro is the Helmet of choice for winners of mountain bike world championships, cyclocross world championships, Triathlon and Iron Man world championships.
|Giro Helmets Size Guide|
|Small||51 - 55cm||20 - 21.75*|
|Medium||55 - 59cm||21.75 - 23.25*|
|Large||59 - 63cm||23.25 - 24.75*|
We are sorry, but due to your postal destination USA we can not despatch this item.
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Do you need to update the description or is my product incorrect?
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?