- HED H3D FR Clincher Rear Wheel
Sorry - this product is no longer available
This HED H3D FR Clincher Rear Wheel is no longer available although you may find similar or newer versions below:
Alternative products you may be interested in
zoom HED H3D FR Clincher Rear Wheel
HED H3D FR Clincher Rear Wheel
How do you improve on the best? You build the H3D that's what you do. The H3D is built by applying the HED Jet 9 aero rim section to the standard H3.
Top Features of the HED H3D FR Clincher Rear Wheel
- Alloy Clincher or Full carbon Tubular
- 19mm rim width profile
- Fits the narrowest bike frames
- Fastest wheel option for non disc wheel races
- Rider weight limit 250lbs
- Weight: 1165g
|Wheel Size:||700c (622)|
Why ride the H3D vs. the standard H3? There are two particular scenarios where the H3D has an advantage over the H3.
1. Used as a front wheel the H3D is faster than the H3 out to 10 degrees of wind yaw angle. Generally this means that 25mph and faster riders will get a benefit from the H3D because at these speeds yaw angles are generally low. At higher yaw angles the H3 is a faster wheel which is why for the majority of triathletes where speeds are 25mph and less the H3 still tends to have an advantage.
2. When used as a rear wheel the H3D has been proven to faster than any other rear wheel besides a disc. This has been proven over the course of many full bike and rider tests. This makes the rear H3D the ideal choice for events where disc wheels are not allowed or if you that prefer the ride and lighter feel of non disc wheels. It is believed that the blades of the H3 actually help to correct yaw angle winds in the rear of the bike and thus show results that are better than their wheel alone data.
Having only been in formal production for 1 year the H3D has been ridden to countless victories including the 2008 Beijing Olympics, Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, World Championships, numerous national TT championships, multiple Ironman races, multiple half Ironman races, and a complete domination on the track at the Six Day races.
What more is there to say besides where shall we ship your pair?
Please Note: Image is of carbon tubular version. Correct wheel will be supplied. These wheels may have small marks on hubs however please be aware this is an inherent trait of using a lighter, higher grade carbon. All HED wheels have a "raw" un-lacquered finish. HED are a purely performance orientated company and do not alter or add anything to their wheels that is unnecessary.
About the HED brand
Some time in 1985 Steve Hed emerged blinking from the gloom of his garage with a prototype aero wheel in his hand. Twenty-five years, hundreds of hours of wind tunnel testing and dozens of top-level professional victories later, we’re making the fastest wheels in the world. In the past three years alone, the winners of all three Grand Tours and the winner of the Hawaii Ironman have won on HED wheels. As every serious cyclist knows, wheels are a major source of drag. How do you lower that drag? That’s where HED comes in. We have gathered a frankly mind-blowing amount of data from both wind tunnel and real-world testing. We’ve exhaustively measured variables like rolling resistance, crosswind handling, cornering and wheel stiffness and factored them all into the equation. OK, so Steve doesn’t build them in his garage any more, but every HED wheel is hand made by our expert wheelbuilders in Shoreview, Minnesota. Although our wheels are constantly evolving as we gain more knowledge, the top-quality workmanship that goes into making them will never change.
We are sorry, but due to your postal destination USA we can not despatch this item.
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?