Hutchinson Atom Tubeless Road Tyre
Hutchinson Atom Tubeless Road Tyre
Add Hutchinson Atom Tubeless Road Tyre to your basket now
Add to Basket
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
Ultra light tubeless tyre which features a unique tread reinforced with thermoplastic compound for lightness and performance, carbon beads and slick profile
Top Features of the Hutchinson Atom Tubeless Road Tyre
- 127tpi casing
- Kevlar-Protech anti-puncture
- Carbon beads
- Weight: 265g
|Puncture Protection:||Kevlar Protech|
|Threads Per Inch:||127|
|Wheel Size:||700c (622)|
Tubeless road tyres offer lower rolling resistance, run flat protection, and can be run at a slightly lower pressure for a more supple, flowing ride. They are recommended to be used with a latex sealant to for greater air tightness and puncture protection but it is not strictly necessary. They work best with tubeless compatible rims but can be run on any rim with the right rim tape added. If you already have tubeless rim (with no spoke holes) you just need to add the right valve.
Tubeless tyres use a special carbon bead. Any other tyre would stretch and roll off the rim if you tried to run it tubeless.
About Road Race Tyres
These tyres are for racing style bikes that use clincher/hooked rims, these are the most common fitment and hook onto the rim and require an inner tube. There is a wide choice of tyres within this category and the right choice is important. Lighter tyres will accelerate quickly, but will be more prone to punctures so getting a balance is extremely important. If you require a tyre for all round use look for something with puncture protection, an average TPI(Threads Per Inch) and average weight. If you require a fast tyre and speed is the only thing that matters look for a low weight folding tyre with high TPI. If durability is your priority and speed is not so important look towards the puncture resistant tyres and consider going for a wider tyre, these will be less prone to punctures and offer a bit more comfort. For wet road conditions a triple compound or winter tyre is a good choice, these use a softer compound on the cornering surface to maximise grip.
|700 x 18C||18-622|
|700 x 23C||23-622|
|700 x 25C||25-622|
|700 x 28C||28-622||28 x 1 5/8 x 1 1/8|
|700 x 32C||32-622||28 x 1 5/8 x 1 1/4|
|700 x 35C||37-622||28 x 1 5/8 x 1 3/8|
|700 x 47C||47-622|
|This is a generic size guide not all tyres will come in the sizes shown.|
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated Delivery within 8 working days – $15.00
Spend $13.94 more to qualify for free delivery
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $22.00
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $35.00
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Use the notubes valves and their sealant.
Watch the video in their site.
1. x2 Cyclocross rim strips (currently not available at wiggle) with 44mm valve stems and nuts. Other MTB rim strips are either too short or too wide to be used on road rims.
2. A 10yrd roll of Yellow plastic tape. 12mm or 21mm width depending on the internal dimension of your rims. Wider rims (note, not outside but between the bead contact surfaces INSIDE) require the latter. I'm not sure what your EA90 SLX rims measure, so you can measure and decide for yourself. Cut a clean sheet of paper into a straight 12mm width strip and see if it's wide enough to cover the spoke holes on the tyre bed. I suspect 21mm is the safer bet for most road clincher rims.
3. A bottle of sealant of your choice. Stan's, Effetto... etc. Just make sure it doesn't contain corrosive chemicals that can harm the anodized finishes on the rim(e.g. ammonium). Check with rim and sealant manufacturers both for compatibility. You'll also save a lot of hassle and mess with a syringe type sealant injector instead of squeezing sealant bottles or applicators.
4. Tubeless tyres and tubeless specific levers. DO NOT use clincher tyre levers or metal levers on tubeless tyres.
Most of the parts are included in Stan's NoTubes Cyclocross kit (currently not available at wiggle, retails for US$65 or so) and it should convert most road clincher rims, and it's slightly cheaper to buy them as a kit. Problem is, the kit comes with a roll of 12mm yellow plastic tape which may be too narrow for some rims to cover all the spoke holes on the inside.
I used thier Cyclocross kit and a roll of 21mm tape to covert HED. Belgium C2 rims and everything is fine so far.
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?