- K-Edge Pro Road Braze-On Double Chain Catcher
K-Edge Pro Road Braze-On Double Chain Catcher
Add K-Edge Pro Road Braze-On Double Chain Catcher to your basket now
It's a common sense design that provides a functional advantage for high performance cyclists. The K-EDGE chain catcher is a precision component that enhances the overall function of your drive train while protecting your valuable frame.
Top Features of the K-Edge Pro Road Braze-On Double Chain Catcher
- Used to good effect by top professional riders in the Olympic games, World Championships, Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, Paris Roubaix, and many more
- It acts as a ramp to guide your chain and virtually eliminates the possibility of your chain dropping off the small chainring onto the bottom bracket, helping to protect your frame and keep you in gear
- Highly recommended to prevent structural damage to carbon and aluminium frames, but also protects the finish of any other frame material
- Complete with all mounting hardware and fits onto braze-on frame mounts
- Compatible with double chainring Shimano, Campagnolo, and SRAM derailleurs
- Made from 6061 T6 heat treated aluminium
- Long-lasting protective anodised finish
- Adds only 15 grams of weight
- K-Edge products are proudly CNC machined in the USA and have a Lifetime warranty: you break it, well replace it
A simple precision-made component that provides valuable insurance against front derailleur malfunctions with the Pro model being easier to fit and allows for independent adjustment of the front mech and chain catcher.
About Front Derailleurs
Various derailleur systems were designed and built as far back as the late 1800s. A French bicycle tourist, writer and cycling promoter Paul De Vivie (1853-1930), invented a two speed rear derailleur in 1905 which he used on forays into the Alps, and we wonder if 20 gears are enough. Since then there has been many advancements in the number of gears, materials and reductions in weight. Wiggle lists a large selection of front and rear derailleurs catering for double and triple systems with 7, 8, 9, 10 and even 11 speed cassettes.
About the K-Edge brand
K-Edge Cycling Solutions brand was born from one simple product, Kristin Armstrong’s Chain Catcher - later to be called K-Edge Chain Catcher. The K-Edge Chain Catcher is a purposeful design that was engineered for a single goal: help Kristin Armstrong win the Gold at the 2008 Olympic Games. While we wouldn’t be so arrogant to suggest the K-Edge was the reason Kristin took gold, it’s a common sense design that provides functional and mental advantages for high performance cyclists. The K-Edge is also perfect for anyone who likes to keep their chain in place, improve shifting performance, and protect their frame from damage caused by a derailed chain.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated Delivery within 8 working days – $15.01
Spend $65.54 more to qualify for free delivery
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $21.62
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.99
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
My di2 hasn't thrown the chain yet.
I got this chain catcher for my other bike with ultegra which had problems (due to the bike shop installing a too long chain)
If it does not fit,can you recommend what style I need and recommend and example please
This determines which type of chain catcher you might use.
The clamp type has a ring which wraps around the seat tube of your bike frame and does NOT mount on a bracket that is factory installed into/onto the frame. The images below show the difference in the mount style and you can see the ring in the second image that wraps around the frame rather than screwing to a bracket.
BRAZE ON TYPE
CLAMP ON TYPE
WHAT YOU CAN USE
Here are some options, I have also used the Dog Fang and despite being quite cheap it does the job pretty well.
You will need to know the diameter of the seat tube at the point where the chain catcher clamp will be located. Ideally the tube will not get too wide underneath the front derailleur clamp too.
I cannot tell for sure but the seat tube does look pretty consistent in diameter immediately after the clamp on your bike from images I have seen.
Anyway, items you could use.....
deda elementi dog fang chain catcher
Great stuff, Wiggle, my K-Edge Pro Road Braze-On Double Chain Catcher is superb on my Dura Ace Di2 Supersix Evo.
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?