Orca Equip Fullsleeve Wetsuit 2014
- 100% Neoprene
Add Orca Equip Fullsleeve Wetsuit 2014 to your basket now
If you're looking to move from the pool to open water, or are new to using a wetsuit, the Orca Equip Fullsleeve Wetsuit is an excellent choice. This suit is ultra-flexible, and easy to take on or off in a flash.
Top Features of the Orca Equip Fullsleeve Wetsuit 2014
- Flexiseal Neck: Limits water entry, reduces chafing and reduces drag
- Slipstream Zip: Easy to use, generates minimal drag
- Textured Forearm Panels: Increased water catchment giving more pull and traction
- Yamamoto 39 Cell Neoprene: An extremely flexible neoprene, which supports an uninhibited natural swimming motion. Yamamoto 39-cell neoprene extends to a 520% elongation rate, meaning this material is sure to move with you. Added benefits of zero water absorption and zero weight-variation can mean only one thing: more speed. Yamamoto 39-cell neoprene represents the best neoprene available in its class
- Super Composite Skin (SCS) Coating: Applied as a coating over closed-cell neoprene. The micro-cell structure of the SCS coating repels water when in contact with air and reduces surface resistance when in contact with water
- Speed Transition Panels: Fast removal of suit enabling faster transition times
- Triathlon wetsuit note: Triathlon wetsuits are designed to feel tighter than surfing or diving wetsuits, given the flexibility of the equip once you are in the water the suit will feel great.
- For help on how to put on a wetsuit please see the video in the imagery tab
Need help finding your size Click here for Orca's Sizing tool.
2-5mm premium quality SCS-coated Yamamoto 39-cell neoprene front panels ensure a range of motion normally associated with intermediate and top level wetsuits. 3-5mm Smooth Skin neoprene panels through the back add buoyancy, while Speed Transition panels aid transition times.
The Equip's Hydrostroke forearm panel has a distinctive silicone print, which catches the water through the pull phase of the stroke. The 2014 Equip's redesigned torso panel also provides better body positioning, plus increased buoyancy through the waist and the thighs. A multi-stretch lining makes the suit incredibly flexible. Refinements to the waist panel include extending it over the chest, while retaining it's 5mm thickness to boost buoyancy.
Fitting your wetsuit is of great importance and should be done with care and attention. Please refer to our Guide – How to put on a wetsuit – for further information or watch the brands video guide, if available, on the video tab above.
Modern triathlon wetsuits were invented by Dan Empfield in 1987 and are customized to the needs of triathletes, they generally incorporate the following key features which differentiates them from a normal wetsuit. 1, Thinner and/or more pliable rubber near the shoulders. 2, Long zippers to facilitate quick removal during transition. In addition, tri wetsuits have a very smooth, but often fragile, surface. This slick surface helps to reduce water friction and allows a faster swim. Another advantage of a tri wetsuit is the added buoyancy that the wetsuit provides, this can provide triathletes with a considerable speed and energy saving advantage over swimming without a suit.
About the Orca brand
Whilst working as a swim coach, and from his first hand experience in competing in triathlon, Scott Unsworth realised that the wetsuits used at the time were completely inadequate for swimming. In 1992 Scott started up a company called Performance Speedsuits Ltd, based out of his parent's house in Auckland, New Zealand. He began to develop his "Speedsuits", which featured greater flexibility and buoyancy than other existing wetsuits. The business started with Scott selling his Speedsuits from the back of his car at swim meets and triathlon events. The Speedsuits quickly gained a following amongst athletes and the business started to grow. Scott was taking his first steps towards introducing what would become Orca, to the world. A young New Zealand triathlete named Hamish Carter became one of the first athletes to sign up with the company that is now Orca. Over the next 13 years Hamish Carter went on to become one of the best known triathletes in the world - culminating in a gold medal at the 2004 Olympics in Athens.
Still need help with sizing? Click here
|4||85 - 91cm||31″ - 36″||157 - 170cm||5′ 2″ - 5′ 7″||56 - 61kg||123 - 134lb|
|5||90 - 95cm||35″ - 37″||162 - 172cm||5′ 4″ - 5′ 8″||61 - 66kg||134 - 145lb|
|6||95 - 99cm||37″ - 39″||167 - 175cm||5′ 6″ - 5′ 9″||67 - 74kg||147 - 162lb|
|MT||95 - 99cm||37″ - 39″||177 - 190cm||5′ 10″ - 6′ 1″||68 - 76kg||149 - 167lb|
|7||98 - 104cm||38″ - 41″||173 - 185cm||5′ 8″ - 6′ 1″||75 - 82kg||165 - 180lb|
|8||104 - 108cm||41″ - 43″||180 - 188cm||5′ 11″ - 6′ 2″||82 - 89kg||180 - 196lb|
|9||108 - 113cm||43″ - 44″||185 - 193cm||6′ 1″ - 6′ 4″||89 - 97kg||196 - 213lb|
|10||114 - 124cm||45″ - 49″||190 - 196cm||6′ 3″ - 6′ 5″||98 - 109kg||215 - 233lb 4oz|
|11||123 - 134cm||49″ - 53″||193 - 200cm||6′ 4″ - 6′ 6″||107kg+||235lb+|
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $6.62
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.99
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
It fits perfectly, i did try the 7 & 8 before the 9
help me with picking the size please, as the input parameters are:
*height = 180 [cm]
*chest = 100 [cm]
*weight = 68 [kg]
Do you want to compare this product?
Do you want to continue?