zoom Orca Women's 1.5 Alpha Full Sleeve Wetsuit 2014
How to put a wetsuit on by Tamara GÃ³mez
Orca Women's 1.5 Alpha Full Sleeve Wetsuit 2014
Add Orca Women's 1.5 Alpha Full Sleeve Wetsuit 2014 to your basket now
Add to Basket
5 In stock, ready for despatch now
Add to Basket
7 In stock, ready for despatch now
Add to Basket
5 In stock, ready for despatch now
Add to Basket
1 In stock, ready for despatch now
The Orca Women's 1.5 Alpha Full Sleeve Wetsuit is perfect for strong swimmers that demand sleek, powerful performance from their wetsuits. Lightweight, versatile and ergonomically crafted, this is the most flexible wetsuit on the market.
Top Features of the Orca Women's 1.5 Alpha Full Sleeve Wetsuit 2014
- Freestroke 3 System: Refined and re-engineered with the world’s best triathletes, the 1.5 Alpha retains its legendary Freestroke 3 System of Nano SCS- coated 1.5-2mm 40-cell panels through the chest and back; providing maximum flexibility, comfort and range of movement
- Yamamoto 44 Cell Neoprene: Yamamoto 44 Cell Neoprene is flexible, supple, extremely well fitting and comfortable. The Yamamoto Corporation is regarded as the world’s top producer of neoprene for triathlon wetsuits. Orca uses 1.5mm and 2mm panels of Yamamoto 44-cell neoprene, plus high stretch Infinity Skin, in key areas around the upper body and arms of the RS1 Predator, 1.5 Alpha and 3.8 Enduro to provide a wetsuit swimming experience like no other
- Infinity Skin Lining: It’s what’s on the inside that counts and Orca’s unique Infinity Skin plays an integral part in the unbelievable flexibility of the 1.5 Alpha. Constructed from a high stretch nylon, 4-way stretch is used as the lining on the FreeWing, FreeFly and FreeFlex panels of the Alpha 1.5, allowing the wetsuit to move dynamically through your swim stroke
- Nano Super Composite Skin (SCS) Coating: Super Composite Skin has become the benchmark for coating the neoprene used in triathlon wetsuits, to reduce friction and increase speed through the water. Orca uses the Yamamoto Corporation’s latest Nano SCS for an even lower drag coefficient, ensuring the fastest swim possible. The underwater coefficient of dynamic friction of the Nano SCS is 0.026 in comparison to 4.0 with regular neoprene. Less friction = more speed
- Aerodome 2: Beneath the dimpled surface of Orca’s Aerodome 39-cell neoprene are hundreds of air cavities, which provide 30% more buoyancy than normal 5mm neoprene. Aerodome panels are strategically placed around the heaviest parts of the body, lifting you into the optimum swimming position
- Low profile neck: Restricts water entry, reduces chafing and reduces drag. Concealed stitching further reduces drag and maintains a sleek, stylish look
- Slipstream Zip: Easy to use, generates minimal drag
- Silicone Hydrostroke Forearm Panels: Increased water catchment giving more pull power and traction
- Speed Transition Panels: Fast removal of suit enabling faster transition times
- Built-in seam reduction: Optimises flexibility
Need help finding your size Click here for Orca's Sizing tool.
Named after the triathlon swim distance, the Orca 1.5 Alpha Full Sleeve Wetsuit offers an unrestricted range of motion - so much so, that many people say it doesn’t feel like they’re wearing a wetsuit at all.
The 1.5 Alpha is the ideal wetsuit for those looking for a swim advantage without compromise. The 1.5 Alpha offers the highest quality materials, performance features and fit. Designed with seam reduction for larger areas of neoprene, increasing flexibility. Orca have also included another exclusive, Aerodome 2, allowing for superior flexibilty and comfort.
Fitting your wetsuit is of great importance and should be done with care and attention. Please refer to our Guide – How to put on a wetsuit – for further information or watch the brands video guide, if available, on the video tab above.
Modern triathlon wetsuits were invented by Dan Empfield in 1987 and are customized to the needs of triathletes, they generally incorporate the following key features which differentiates them from a normal wetsuit. 1, Thinner and/or more pliable rubber near the shoulders. 2, Long zippers to facilitate quick removal during transition. In addition, tri wetsuits have a very smooth, but often fragile, surface. This slick surface helps to reduce water friction and allows a faster swim. Another advantage of a tri wetsuit is the added buoyancy that the wetsuit provides, this can provide triathletes with a considerable speed and energy saving advantage over swimming without a suit.
About the Orca brand
Whilst working as a swim coach, and from his first hand experience in competing in triathlon, Scott Unsworth realised that the wetsuits used at the time were completely inadequate for swimming. In 1992 Scott started up a company called Performance Speedsuits Ltd, based out of his parent's house in Auckland, New Zealand. He began to develop his "Speedsuits", which featured greater flexibility and buoyancy than other existing wetsuits. The business started with Scott selling his Speedsuits from the back of his car at swim meets and triathlon events. The Speedsuits quickly gained a following amongst athletes and the business started to grow. Scott was taking his first steps towards introducing what would become Orca, to the world. A young New Zealand triathlete named Hamish Carter became one of the first athletes to sign up with the company that is now Orca. Over the next 13 years Hamish Carter went on to become one of the best known triathletes in the world - culminating in a gold medal at the 2004 Olympics in Athens.
Still need help with sizing? Click here
|X Small||78 - 83cm||31″ - 33″||144 - 160cm||4′ 9″ - 5′ 3″||46 - 53kg||101 - 116lb|
|Small||83 - 89cm||33″ - 35″||157 - 167cm||5′ 3″ - 5′ 6″||54 - 61kg||119 - 134lb|
|Medium||89 - 94cm||35″ - 37″||165 - 177cm||5′ 5″ - 5′ 10″||60 - 67kg||132 - 148lb|
|Large||94 - 99cm||37″ - 39″||170 - 185cm||5′ 10″ - 6′ 1″||66 - 74kg||146 - 163lb|
|Extra Large||99 - 104cm||39″ - 41″||177 - 189cm||5′ 11″ - 6′ 4″||73 - 79kg||161 - 174lb|
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $6.62
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.99
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?