zoom Orca Women's 3.8 Enduro Full Sleeve Wetsuit 2014
How to put a wetsuit on by Tamara GÃ³mez
Orca Women's 3.8 Enduro Full Sleeve Wetsuit 2014
Add Orca Women's 3.8 Enduro Full Sleeve Wetsuit 2014 to your basket now
Add to Basket
3 In stock, ready for despatch now
If you're a long distance triathlete looking for buoyancy without compromising on flexibility, the Orca 3.8 Enduro Full Sleeve Wetsuit is for you. This suit is the best option for comfort, speed and balance, giving you an unbeatable performance edge.
Top Features of the Orca Women's 3.8 Enduro Full Sleeve Wetsuit 2014
- Low profile neck: Restricts water entry, reduces chafing and reduces drag. Concealed stitching further reduces drag and maintains a sleek, stylish look.
- Slipstream Zip: Easy to use, generates minimal drag
- Exo-Cell Buoyancy Technology: Exo-Cell is a unique sandwich-designed neoprene that provides over 25% more buoyancy than Aerodome neoprene. Panels of Exo-Cell are used in a system on the 3.8 to optimise your swimming position
- Silicone Hydrostroke Forearm Panels: Increased water catchment giving more pull power and traction
- Deltoid-trapezius flex zone (2mm): massive shoulder flexibility and range of motion
- Latissimus flex zone (2mm): Massive core flexibility and range of motion
- Aerodome 2: Beneath the dimpled surface of Orca’s Aerodome 39-cell neoprene are hundreds of air cavities, which provide 30% more buoyancy than normal 5mm neoprene. Aerodome panels are strategically placed around the heaviest parts of the body, lifting you into the optimum swimming position
- Nano Super Composite Skin (SCS) Coating: Super Composite Skin has become the benchmark for coating the neoprene used in triathlon wetsuits, to reduce friction and increase speed through the water. Orca uses the Yamamoto Corporation’s latest Nano SCS for an even lower drag coefficient, ensuring the fastest swim possible. The underwater coefficient of dynamic friction of the Nano SCS is 0.026 in comparison to 4.0 with regular neoprene. Less friction = more speed.
- Graphics inspired by the aerial view of a triathlon/ironman circuit
Need help finding your size Click here for Orca's Sizing tool.
Fitting your wetsuit is of great importance and should be done with care and attention. Please refer to our Guide – How to put on a wetsuit – for further information or watch the brands video guide.
Named after the 3.8KM Iron Mind Contest, the Orca 3.8 Enduro Full Sleeve Wetsuit utilises the buoyancy attributes of each material to help you achieve equilibrium and reduce drag. Your torso and legs are lifted higher in the water, optimising the swimming position, which in turn improves swim performance.
Designed for swimming endurance distances, or for swimmers who will benefit from an improved torso and leg position in the water, the flexibility of the 3.8 has also been enhanced with the introduction of 1.5mm-2mm #44 cell Yamamoto neoprene panels on the arm and underarm areas along with the use of Orca's exclusive Infinity Skin lining.
Modern triathlon wetsuits were invented by Dan Empfield in 1987 and are customized to the needs of triathletes, they generally incorporate the following key features which differentiates them from a normal wetsuit. 1, Thinner and/or more pliable rubber near the shoulders. 2, Long zippers to facilitate quick removal during transition. In addition, tri wetsuits have a very smooth, but often fragile, surface. This slick surface helps to reduce water friction and allows a faster swim. Another advantage of a tri wetsuit is the added buoyancy that the wetsuit provides, this can provide triathletes with a considerable speed and energy saving advantage over swimming without a suit.
About the Orca brand
Whilst working as a swim coach, and from his first hand experience in competing in triathlon, Scott Unsworth realised that the wetsuits used at the time were completely inadequate for swimming. In 1992 Scott started up a company called Performance Speedsuits Ltd, based out of his parent's house in Auckland, New Zealand. He began to develop his "Speedsuits", which featured greater flexibility and buoyancy than other existing wetsuits. The business started with Scott selling his Speedsuits from the back of his car at swim meets and triathlon events. The Speedsuits quickly gained a following amongst athletes and the business started to grow. Scott was taking his first steps towards introducing what would become Orca, to the world. A young New Zealand triathlete named Hamish Carter became one of the first athletes to sign up with the company that is now Orca. Over the next 13 years Hamish Carter went on to become one of the best known triathletes in the world - culminating in a gold medal at the 2004 Olympics in Athens.
Still need help with sizing? Click here
|X Small||78 - 83cm||31″ - 33″||144 - 160cm||4′ 9″ - 5′ 3″||46 - 53kg||101 - 116lb|
|Small||83 - 89cm||33″ - 35″||157 - 167cm||5′ 3″ - 5′ 6″||54 - 61kg||119 - 134lb|
|Medium||89 - 94cm||35″ - 37″||165 - 177cm||5′ 5″ - 5′ 10″||60 - 67kg||132 - 148lb|
|Large||94 - 99cm||37″ - 39″||170 - 185cm||5′ 10″ - 6′ 1″||66 - 74kg||146 - 163lb|
|Extra Large||99 - 104cm||39″ - 41″||177 - 189cm||5′ 11″ - 6′ 4″||73 - 79kg||161 - 174lb|
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $6.60
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.98
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Do you want to compare this product?
Do you want to continue?