Orca Women's Sonar Full Sleeve Wetsuit 2014
Add Orca Women's Sonar Full Sleeve Wetsuit 2014 to your basket now
Add to Basket
4 In stock, ready for despatch now
If you're an endurance athlete motivated by versatility and value for money, the Orca Women's Sonar Full Sleeve Wetsuit is the ideal choice. A superb level of performance and cutting-edge technology for an excellent price.
Top Features of the Orca Women's Sonar Full Sleeve Wetsuit 2014
- Low profile neck: Restricts water entry, reduces chafing and reduces drag. Concealed stitching further reduces drag and maintains a sleek, stylish look.
- Slipstream Zip: Easy to use, generates minimal drag
- Silicone Hydrostroke Forearm Panels: Increased water catchment giving more pull power and traction
- Aerodrome: Beneath the dimpled surface of Orca’s Aerodrome 39-cell neoprene are hundreds of air cavities, which provide 30% more buoyancy than normal 5mm neoprene. Aerodrome panels are strategically placed around the heaviest parts of the body, lifting you into the optimum swimming position
- Yamamoto 39 Cell Neoprene: An extremely flexible neoprene, which supports an uninhibited natural swimming motion. Yamamoto 39-cell neoprene extends to a 520% elongation rate, meaning this material is sure to move with you. Added benefits of zero water absorption and zero weight-variation can mean only one thing: more speed. Yamamoto 39-cell neoprene represents the best neoprene available in its class
- Hyperstretch Underarm Panels: Provides an excellent range of motion
- Speed Transition Panels: Fast removal of suit enabling faster transition times
For people serious about open water swimming or triathlon looking for a step up from an entry level wetsuit, the Sonar offers more technology than ever before.
The Sonar has been re-engineered to improve flexibility and swim position. 4mm panels of Aerodome that contain hundreds of air cavities that provide over 30% more buoyancy than a standard equivalent neoprene. The Aerodome has been positioned in the small of the back and core (Core Stability Panel) area to help lift the torso/ core into the optimum swim position to lessen drag and help stability.
The buoyancy of the new Aerodome panels is complimented by the front 4mm Hydrolift Body Panel. The Sonar’s panel construction has also been modified to enhance flexibility in the shoulder and arm areas - with the DeltaStretch Shoulder Panel, HyperStretch Underarm and Multistretch inner lining providing excellent range of movement.
Fitting your wetsuit is of great importance and should be done with care and attention. Please refer to our Guide – How to put on a wetsuit – for further information or watch the brands video guide, if available, on the video tab above.
Modern triathlon wetsuits were invented by Dan Empfield in 1987 and are customized to the needs of triathletes, they generally incorporate the following key features which differentiates them from a normal wetsuit. 1, Thinner and/or more pliable rubber near the shoulders. 2, Long zippers to facilitate quick removal during transition. In addition, tri wetsuits have a very smooth, but often fragile, surface. This slick surface helps to reduce water friction and allows a faster swim. Another advantage of a tri wetsuit is the added buoyancy that the wetsuit provides, this can provide triathletes with a considerable speed and energy saving advantage over swimming without a suit.
About the Orca brand
Whilst working as a swim coach, and from his first hand experience in competing in triathlon, Scott Unsworth realised that the wetsuits used at the time were completely inadequate for swimming. In 1992 Scott started up a company called Performance Speedsuits Ltd, based out of his parent's house in Auckland, New Zealand. He began to develop his "Speedsuits", which featured greater flexibility and buoyancy than other existing wetsuits. The business started with Scott selling his Speedsuits from the back of his car at swim meets and triathlon events. The Speedsuits quickly gained a following amongst athletes and the business started to grow. Scott was taking his first steps towards introducing what would become Orca, to the world. A young New Zealand triathlete named Hamish Carter became one of the first athletes to sign up with the company that is now Orca. Over the next 13 years Hamish Carter went on to become one of the best known triathletes in the world - culminating in a gold medal at the 2004 Olympics in Athens.
|X Small||78 - 83cm||31″ - 33″||144 - 160cm||4′ 9″ - 5′ 3″||46 - 53kg||101 - 116lb|
|Small||83 - 89cm||33″ - 35″||157 - 167cm||5′ 3″ - 5′ 6″||54 - 61kg||119 - 134lb|
|Medium||89 - 94cm||35″ - 37″||165 - 177cm||5′ 5″ - 5′ 10″||60 - 67kg||132 - 148lb|
|Large||94 - 99cm||37″ - 39″||170 - 185cm||5′ 10″ - 6′ 1″||66 - 74kg||146 - 163lb|
|Extra Large||99 - 104cm||39″ - 41″||177 - 189cm||5′ 11″ - 6′ 4″||73 - 79kg||161 - 174lb|
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $7.01
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.99
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?