Polar FT80 Heart Rate Monitor Training Computer
Polar FT80 Heart Rate Monitor Training Computer
Add Polar FT80 Heart Rate Monitor Training Computer to your basket now
|Black||Discontinued - no longer available|
Top Features of the Polar FT80 Heart Rate Monitor Training Computer
The new FT80 from Polar is like having your own Personal Trainer on your wrist. It features an improved version of the Polar OwnZone calculation for 2008, plus the new STAR goal-based training program and a dedicated strength-training program
- Time of day
- STAR Training Programme – Guides you without being too strict for day-to-day plans. Follow the weekly intensity and time targets and your fitness improvement is guaranteed. This intelligent programme even adapts to your training habits, giving you new targets and guidance.
- Innovative strength training guidance feature helps you have a fitter body.
- POLAR Fitness TestTM with OwnIndex - Measures your fitness level in five minutes. The result, Polar OwnIndex, predicts your maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max)
- POLAR OwnZone® - Individual determination of your optimal target heart rate limits based on your daily condition
- Training Zones – The three training zones will help you to train on the right intensity (light, moderate and hard)
- POLAR OwnCal® - Shows calories burnt during and after the training session. See also the estimated amount of fat (%) burnt as an energy source.
- POLAR OwnCode® - Prevents cross-talk from other heart rate monitors.
- OwnRelax® – A quick and easy way to check your body’s state of relaxation. Do the 5-minute relaxation session to measure your heart rate and heart rate variability, and you can see how relaxed your body and mind are.
- Wireless ECG accurate heart rate (% / beats per minute)
- Average and maximum heart rate of total exercise
- Zone Lock – Lock a training zone to train on a specific intensity
- Memory features – daily, weekly and total summaries
- User changeable battery
Dedication best describes those who are seriously into their training. FT80 is the most dedicated training partner for the most devoted fitness enthusiasts. This intelligent training computer helps you achieve maximum efficiency and reach your workout targets for both cardio and strength training, plus its stylish design is comfortable during a hot workout and in everyday use.
The set includes:
Wrist unit, WearLink®+ transmitter and Polar FlowLinkTM data transfer unit - Easy to use data transfer between the wrist unit and polarpersonaltrainer.com. It is plugged to the PC with a USB connection.
G1 GPS speed and distance sensor - Provides speed and distance information for all outdoor sports
S1 foot podTM - Combines inertial technology and DSP (digital signal processing) to provide accurate speed / pace and distance data.
About Heart Rate Monitors
A heart rate monitor gives you an accurate measurement of how hard your body is working. This allows you to adjust how hard you exercise and achieve your fitness goals, it can also let you know if you should not train as you may need more recovery time. All models will display a basic 'rev counter' indicating your current heart rate in beats per minute. More complex HRM's add simultaneous displays of how hard you are working as a percentage of your maximum rate or how long you've managed to maintain your heart rate inside pre-set target zones. This is a great feature for targeting specific training zones, these are often reffered to as the following: The Energy Efficient or Recovery Zone which is 60% to 70%, The Aerobic Zone - 70% to 80%, The Anaerobic Zone - 80% to 90%, The Anaerobic Zone - 80% to 90% of your maximum heart rate. Each zone has a specific benefit and a HRM will help you to stay within these zones and achieve those benefits. The ability to download data directly to a PC for later analysis is also a nice feature if you're following a long-term fitness program, this can also show what's working well for you.
About the Polar brand
Polar Electro, founded in 1977, is the leading brand and the true partner in improving health and well-being through the understanding of human physiology, performance and environment and providing measuring devices for this combination. Moreover, Polar is the world's leading manufacturer of sports instruments and heart rate monitoring, registering and evaluation equipment. Keep up with all Polar cycling involvement at polarcycling.com
We are sorry, but due to your postal destination USA we can not despatch this item.
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?