Polar RCX5 Run Sports Training Watch with HRM
zoom Polar RCX5 Run Sports Training Watch with HRM
Polar RCX5 Run Sports Training Watch with HRM
Add Polar RCX5 Run Sports Training Watch with HRM to your basket now
|Black||Discontinued - no longer available|
|Red||Discontinued - no longer available|
Top Features of the Polar RCX5 Run Sports Training Watch with HRM
Supreme precision for endurance athletes. The RCX5 is designed for endurance athletes who want precise coaching to perfect their training. This training computer comes supplied with a S3+ stride sensor, but without any bike or GPS sensors.
- Watch Functions:
- Date and weekday indicator
- Display text in English, German, Finnish, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian
- Dual time zone
- KeyLock - By activating KeyLock, training computer buttons are locked, and accidental presses do not cause problems, for instance, during training.
- Low battery indicator
- StopWatch - Stopwatch can be used for timing, for instance, recording lap times. In some products, StopWatch tells the total training time.
- Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
- Training reminder
- User replaceable battery
- Water resistant – 30m
- Number of laps – 99
- User configurable displays – all lines
- Automatic age-based target zone – bpm/%
- Average and maximum heart rate of each lap
- Average, minimum and maximum heart rate of training
- Heart rate – bpm/%. Heart rate can be expressed as the number of beats per minute (bpm) or as a percentage (%) of your maximum heart rate
- HR-based target zones with visual and audible alarm. You can define your target zones for a training session based on heart rate
- Heart Rate max (age-based)
- Heart Rate max (Polar Fitness test-based)
- Heart Rate max (user set)
- Manual target zone – bpm/%. This feature enables you to define the target zone as you want and is suitable for your training
- Polar Fitness Test measures your aerobic fitness at rest in just five minutes
- Polar OwnCal® – calorie expenditure with fat percentage. It calculates the number of kilocalories expended during training
- Polar OwnCode® (5kHz/2.4 GHz W.I.N.D.) - coded transmission
- Polar sport zones provide an easy way to select and monitor the intensity of your training and to follow sport zones based training programs
- Polar ZoneOptimizer - personalized sport zones
- Measures your running speed/pace and distance
- Gives you your running cadence
- Gives you your average stride length
- Running index
- Wearlink + hybrid transmitter
- Get your heart rate signal at all times, even in the water, with a comfortable and disturbance-free hybrid transmitter
- DataLink data transfer unit
- Plugs into your USB port for easy data transfer
- Compatible with the RCX5:
- CS Cadence Sensor W.I.N.D
- G5 GPS sensor
- G3 GPS sensor W.I.N.D.
- S3 stride sensor W.I.N.D.
- S3+ stride sensor
- What's in the Box:
- Polar RCX5 training computer
- Polar WearLink®+ Hybrid transmitter
- Polar S3+ stride sensor
- Polar DataLink data transfer unit
- RCX5 Getting Started Guide
- S3+ stride sensor User Manual
The RCX5 allows you to download specific endurance training programs from polarpersonaltrainer.com which then allows you to analyze your training in detail, use the online training diary, customize endurance programs and then transfer them to your training computer. Also, with the Training Load Feature, you can see how well you have recovered and whether you are ready for your next training session.
The RCX5 also automatically adjusts your heart rate zones using ZoneOptimizer and gives your Heart Rate readings even under water. Another feature is the Race Pace function. This helps you control your speed to reach your target time.
The new Polar RCX5 RUN comes with S3+ stride sensor and the following are some of its running specific features:
Cadence – Running cadence measures how many times your either right or left foot hits the ground in one minute. Running cadence is measured as steps per minute. With this feature you can sharpen your cadence and make your ground contact time shorter. This will help you to find a balance between leg power and leg speed.
Stride Length - Stride length is the average length of one step, that is, the distance between your right and left foot contacting the ground. Runners adjust stride length to gather speed: stride length increases as speed increases. Yet one of the most common mistakes novice runners make is over-striding. The most efficient stride length is the natural one – the one that feels most comfortable.
Running Index - Running Index is based on heart rate and speed data measured during the run. It gives daily information about your performance level, both aerobic fitness and running economy. Improvement in running efficiency indicates improved economy of running performance.
Automatic lap recording - With this feature you can set your training computer to take laps based on preset distance, for example, every 1 km/mi.
Display zoom - Display zoom feature allows you to zoom in information on the display during training.
Graphical target zone indicator - This feature points out graphically on the display the zone you are in during a training session helping you to stay on the desired intensity zone.
HeartTouch – button-free operation of wrist unit. When HeartTouch is on, different training information during training can be accessed without pressing buttons, for instance, when gloves make pressing buttons difficult, by bringing your training computer close to your transmitter.
Interval trainer guided workouts – heart rate / pace / distance. Create interval guided workouts based on time, heart rate, speed/pace or distance guidance with up to three linked timers or distances and up to three target zones.
Sport Profiles - Sport Profiles provide true multisport support with a swift switch between different sports during training. This feature allows the training computer to modify all sport-specific settings and detect the needed sensors automatically, so you will not lose any time or training data. With just a few button presses, you can change from one sport to another, for example in triathlon.
ZoneLock - ZoneLock feature helps you to accumulate certain intensity. You can either lock a zone before a training session or during it by pressing a button when you are on the desired zone.
ZonePointer - ZonePointer is a visible and moving symbol on the training computer display indicating whether you are inside the pre-set target zone. This feature helps you to reach the desired intensity/pace/speed/cadence targets.
About Heart Rate Monitors
A heart rate monitor gives you an accurate measurement of how hard your body is working. This allows you to adjust how hard you exercise and achieve your fitness goals, it can also let you know if you should not train as you may need more recovery time. All models will display a basic 'rev counter' indicating your current heart rate in beats per minute. More complex HRM's add simultaneous displays of how hard you are working as a percentage of your maximum rate or how long you've managed to maintain your heart rate inside pre-set target zones. This is a great feature for targeting specific training zones, these are often reffered to as the following: The Energy Efficient or Recovery Zone which is 60% to 70%, The Aerobic Zone - 70% to 80%, The Anaerobic Zone - 80% to 90%, The Anaerobic Zone - 80% to 90% of your maximum heart rate. Each zone has a specific benefit and a HRM will help you to stay within these zones and achieve those benefits. The ability to download data directly to a PC for later analysis is also a nice feature if you're following a long-term fitness program, this can also show what's working well for you.
About the Polar brand
Polar Electro, founded in 1977, is the leading brand and the true partner in improving health and well-being through the understanding of human physiology, performance and environment and providing measuring devices for this combination. Moreover, Polar is the world's leading manufacturer of sports instruments and heart rate monitoring, registering and evaluation equipment. Keep up with all Polar cycling involvement at polarcycling.com
We are sorry, but due to your postal destination USA we can not despatch this item.
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Polar RCX5 training computer
Polar WearLink®+ Hybrid transmitter
Polar S3+ stride sensor
Polar DataLink data transfer unit
RCX5 Getting Started Guide
S3+ stride sensor User Manual
Detailed information about training programming can be found here:
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?