zoom Respro City Anti Pollution Mask
Respro City Anti Pollution Mask
Add Respro City Anti Pollution Mask to your basket now
The City filter contains DYNAMIC A.C.C (Activated Charcoal Cloth) and works on the basis of adsorption and chemisorption of organic vapours and acid gases.
Top Features of the Respro City Anti Pollution Mask
- A specially developed mask to provide City cyclists with broad spectrum filtration against pollution
- Uses a Dynamic Activated Charcoal Cloth to filter the worst of urban pollution
- Includes two Techno valves to allow easier exhalation, which is particularly important as they release heat, water vapour and Carbon Dioxide
- Comes in two sizes, with a contoured shape for a snug and comfortable fit and Velcro pads for easy application
- Made from hypo-allergenic Neoprene giving a comfortable and secure fit
- The filter is replaceable, and is designed to remain fully effective for at least 1 month of normal daily use in the urban environment
Dynamic A.C.C is laminated on both sides with a particulate material to prevent irritant dusts from entering the respiratory system.
About Anti Pollution Masks
In 2005, it was estimated that approximately 1,000 accelerated deaths and 1,000 extra respiratory hospital admissions occurred in London as a result of PM10 air pollution. In truth, Londoners only have to see what lorries and buses are kicking out to be sold into the concept of protecting their health. Masks provide the only way to block out lung irritants and other pollutants, many of which are carcinogens. So what can an anti-pollution mask do to help? Masks help prevent lung irritation and cancer. Many different pollutants - when mixed together - can cause irritation to respiratory systems. Wearing a mask helps to prevent cancer as there are known carcinogenic agents such as pyrene and benzene present in petrol fumes. There are also less weighty reasons for wearing a mask. The masks are an awareness statement to the other road users in cleaning up the environment.
About the Respro brand
Respro product designer Harry Cole had "in your face" experience of exhaust fumes and city smog as a London cycle courier and this is still a significant and growing problem. In 1990, Respro launched the City mask, the first cyclists pollution mask and it is still in demand today. Over the last decade, awareness of air pollution has grown and now cyclists can choose from a wider range of styles and filters to accomodate more individual needs. Respro masks are supplied with replaceable filters and exhalation valves to keep the inside of the mask well ventilated.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated Delivery within 8 working days – $15.01
Spend $56.24 more to qualify for free delivery
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $22.01
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.99
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?