- Ritchey Pro Road Bar Tape
Sorry - this product is no longer available
This Ritchey Pro Road Bar Tape is no longer available although you may find similar or newer versions below:
Alternative products you may be interested in
A great feel and grippy bar tape.
Top Features of the Ritchey Pro Road Bar Tape
- Highest quality tape
- Embossed TR Logo
- Shock absorbing, non-slip and sweat resistant
- 2 sided self adhesive backing
- 180cm length
- Adjustable bar end plug
- Available in White, Black, Red, Yellow or Blue
Covering the needs of the full spectrum, from elite competitors to recreational riders, are our WCS, Pro and Comp lines. As technology and materials evolve, so does our product line, allowing us to bring you lighter, stronger parts that deliver category leading performance and value, from WCS Carbon through Comp.
About Bar Tape
At Wiggle we have a superb choice of quality bike parts for you to choose from. Whether you're looking to replace worn out mountain bike tyres or have bike parts which needs replacing our bike parts offer outstanding value for money. If you're on the lookout for new bike tyres or mountain bike parts you'll find just what you're searching for here at Wiggle.
About the Ritchey brand
Ritchey is well known for ingenious mountain bikes and parts, but Tom Ritchey was building world class road frames and rethinking every part of the road bike as early as 1974---long before mountain biking came along. After decades of refinement, Ritchey road components are the lightest, strongest and highest quality parts available, and race proven by top professional teams in the world's toughest pro races. Look for Ritchey components on team bikes in the Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, World Championships and Spring Classics, as well as countless other races.
We are sorry, but due to your delivery destination USA we can not dispatch this item.
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
2) There are two pieces of PVC tape. I assume these are to finish the inside end of the tape
3) what are the two pads with an adhesive strip for?
It is a pity the instructions ignore the above.
The PVC (Usually too short & poor quality) is for finishing the inner ends (I always use a wrap of insulating tape - available in most colours, waterproof, flexible & cheap!)
3) When wrapping bar tape you usually get a gap when you go around the brakes. These pieces are to cover that gap.
The two pads with an adhesive strip are to cover the underside of your break levers, ie. where the metal attachment secures the break lever to the bar. Often this bit is hard to cover just by wrapping the tape.
A2. Wrap the loose end closest to the headset. I used electrical tape instead.
A3. I think you mean the 2inch bits of bar tape (ribbon), they loop around the brake underside. ie, they conceal the fixing around the handlebar and cover any handlebar that doesn't get concealed with the ribbon when you're wrapping. Hope that helps. I also Youtube'd handlebar tape installation and that helped get the right fitting.
3) The two adhesive pads are to fill in the space behind your brake hoods.
Although you can do it without using them.
The two smaller pieces of tape (ribbon) are wrapped around the underside of the shifter body. Pull the shifter hoods forward and simply wrap the tape around the underside of the body covering the shifter bracket. Once the tape is wrapped around the bars / shifters you get a neat comfortable finish.
2. They are for 'finishing' the ribbon. Where you finish winding the ribbon on the inside of the bars, wrap the tape around for a nice look and to stop the ribbon unraveling.
3. The two pads are to go around the underside of your brake levers/shifters. You wind the ribbon over the top of them.
4. That fact you're asking these questions suggests it may be a good idea to go to your local bike shop and get them to show you how to do your bar tape; might be a lot safer 1st time around.
usually you'll receive a) two long strips of bar tape (henceforth called ribbon), two short strips of the same ribbon and two strips of black tape (like sellotape but usually black).
3) the two pads with adhesive strips, I assume are the short pieces of ribbon; these are to go halfway round the bars, behind the shifters
These go 3/4 of the way around the bar and touch the shifter housing at each end. This enables you to twist the ribbon around this complicated area, and change direction as you pass the shifters
2) & 1) yes - the tape will secure the end of the ribbon at the centre of the bar, by the stem.
Top tip: leave a good centimetre of tape overhanging the end of the bar so that when you come to put in the bar ends they have something to keep them in. I also find a dab of superglue on the tape helps to keep them in place.
Do you want to compare this product?
Do you want to continue?