Trilube™.....a lubricating fluid designed specifically for Triathletes. Salclear Trilube™ is a multipurpose wetsuit seal lubricant designed to provide high lubricity, excellent water resistance and low hazard to the dive suit or the athlete.
Top Features of the Salclear Trilube
- Salclear Trilube® is a triathlon specific lubricant intended for use on the rubber seals of high performance wetsuits in order to aid putting the wetsuit on easily.... and taking it off very quickly.
- The suit seals, normally made of soft rubbers such as natural latex or neoprene, are pliable, delicate and easily damaged.
- They are very flexible allowing a good seal around the neck, wrists and ankles; yet can be easily damaged in the rush to get the suit off during the 1st Transition between swim and bike.
- Application of Trilube® eases and speeds up the process of removing the wetsuit, saving seconds in the transition and reducing damage to the suit seals.
- Salclear Trilube® should also be applied to plastic and metal zippers to enable the smooth and snag free running of the zipper
- Features and benefits
- High lubricity fluid - ease of use on wetsuits
- Excellent toxicological profile - not harmful
- Low order of skin absorption - so a little goes a long way
- Insoluble in water - wont wash off during use, especially during T1
- Not harmful to rubbers ( strictly not for use on silicone rubbers and silicone plastics of any sort) - highly suitable for wetsuit neck and cuff seals
- Non drying - doesn't leave a flaky sticky mess behind
- Moisturising, smooth, and silky feel - very easy to apply and use. Has moisturing and conditioning effects
- Lubricates plastics and metals - efficient lube and protectant for wetsuit zippers ensuring free movement
- Protects wetsuit seals - helps prevent tearing and damage, retails seal flexibility
- No odour - wont leave residual malodours on clothing
The liquid product should be directly applied to natural and neoprene rubber seals* of wet and semidry suits... around the neck area, and cuff seals of both the arms and legs of the suit. Salclear Trilube™ triathlon sports lubricant offers the triathlete the required lubricity in order to slip in and out of the the wetsuit especially during the T1 transition, allowing speedy removal without undue wear and tear to the cuff and neck seals. In a nutshell you can get in and out of the suit quicker. ...saving valuable seconds in the important transition between swim and bike....
This product is a fluid and liquid concentrate, its easy to apply, economical in use, and an efficient way of enabling suit entry and exit. It has been designed with wash off resistance in mind, so its works as well taking the suit off when wet, as it does putting it on in the dry
*note strictly not recommended for silicone rubbers and silicone thermoplastics inc. silicone rubber seals, tubing, strapping, gaskets and other similar kit comprising mainly of silicone polymer..
Modern triathlon wetsuits were invented by Dan Empfield in 1987 and are customized to the needs of triathletes, they generally incorporate the following key features which differentiates them from a normal wetsuit. 1, Thinner and/or more pliable rubber near the shoulders. 2, Long zippers to facilitate quick removal during transition. In addition, tri wetsuits have a very smooth, but often fragile, surface. This slick surface helps to reduce water friction and allows a faster swim. Another advantage of a tri wetsuit is the added buoyancy that the wetsuit provides, this can provide triathletes with a considerable speed and energy saving advantage over swimming without a suit.
About the Salclear brand
Salclear are an Isle of Man based manufacturer of sports and leisure accessories, producing a wide range of specialised sports eyewear anti fog and cleaning fluids, water repellents for protective eyewear and clothing, and a range of niche technical products for running/athletics, watersports/triathlon, mountaineering and leisure pursuits such as golf and fishing.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated Delivery within 8 working days – $14.80
Spend $78.57 more to qualify for free delivery
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $21.33
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.53
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?