Scicon AeroComfort 2.0 TSA™ Bike Bag
If you are about to head abroad on a cycling trip with your road bike, most airlines require that your bike is packed in a bike bag and it couldn’t get much easier than with the AeroComfort 2.0 TSA bike bag.
Top Features of the Scicon AeroComfort 2.0 TSA™ Bike Bag
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- 1 AEROCOMFORT 2.0 TSA™ bike bag
- 1 Antishock Bike Frame
- 1 Storage bag for bike bag
- 1 Swivel Head Mini Pump
- 1 Bidirectional Shoulder strap
- 1 Front Strap
- 1 Accessories Bag
- 2 Quick Release Skewers
- 1 Saddle cover
- 1 TSA Padlock (Travel Sentry® approved)
- 1 Top Tube protector pad
- 2 Handlebar protector pads
- 1 Rear Derailleur Guard
- Product Code: TP053004813
- Product Name: AEROCOMFORT 2.0 TSA™
- Material: Padded Denier 840 Nylon / Metal (ABF Structure)
- Weight: 8,9KG
- External Dimensions: L 118cm x D 25cm x H 90cm
- Folded Dimensions: L 106cm x D29cm x H 24cm
- Closure: Self-healing zipper
|Dimensions:||L 118cm x D 25cmx H 90cm|
|Pockets:||Large Pocket for tools and components|
|Wheel Storage:||Inner Wheel Pockets|
Developed and race proven by leading professional road cycling teams like Trek Factory, Cannondale Garmin, Saxo Tinkoff, Orica Greenedge, Lampre Merida, Ag2R La Mondiale, Cofidis, Velocio Sram and many, many more, the AeroComfort 2.0 TSA™ is the most demanded bike bag in the world.
Lightweight and comfortable, yet providing the required protection.
At a glance
You don’t need to be a professional cyclist to travel abroad with your bike. If you are not exactly familiar with the disassembly of your bike, then the AeroComfort 2.0 TSA™ is your prime choice, as it is simple to pack. When we say minimal disassembly of your bike, we mean it. All that you need to disassemble is the Quick Release skewers of your wheels. Complementing a good bike fit, you do not have to remove the handlebars and seat post. The AeroComfort 2.0 TSA™ is one of the few bike bags, that is suitable for road bikes with integrated seat post. Minimal disassembly of your bicycle, padded protection, dedicated storage space for all bike parts and lightweight material provide you with the confidence that you and your bike will arrive safe and sound at your destination. We even have you covered with a global limited lifetime guarantee!
It's easy to pack your bike yourself
• When you receive your bike bag the first time, click here to register the product online.
• The AeroComfort 2.0 TSA™ allows you to keep the handlebars and seat post in place.
• You need to remove the wheels from your bike, which requires you to simply undo the Quick Release skewers.
• The AeroComfort 2.0 TSA™ arrives with all the necessary protection you need to pack your bike.
• If you choose to remove your pedals, you may need a pedal spanner but that's it!
Features & Benefits
• Developed and engineered in Italy, the AeroComfort 2.0 TSA™ is the most functional and comfortable soft shell bike bag with internal structure.
• Offering you the flexibility and lightness of a soft bike bag, while providing the stability of a hard case.
• The AeroComfort 2.0 TSA™ folds down to a practical size to store away at home or your travel destination. The included carrying bag will protect it from dirt and dust.
• Designed to hold virtually any racing bike frame up to 65cm as well as carbon frames with integrated seat posts (ISP).
• A rugged and durable Nylon outer shell withstands abrasion and in combination with a thick layer of high-density foam padding, provides good protection.
• At 8.9kg the AeroComfort 2.0 TSA™ is one of the lightest bike bags in the market, which allows you to stay on the edge of weight allowance for sports luggage on most airlines.
• Mounting your bike on the integrated Antishock Bike Frame provides a rigid protection of the bike’s frame to absorb impacts.
• Protect your rear derailleur from side impacts with the included Rear Derailleur Protector.
• A clever, integrated belt system (SFS), holds your bike frame firmly in place just like a seatbelt.
• Included in the delivery are two Scicon™ Quick Release skewers to mount the bike into the Antishock Bike Frame. Remember to fasten the Quick Release Skewers well!
• An internal storage pocket with zipper will hold your wheels original Quick release skewers and any other tools you may want to carry.
• A set of padded, reusable Nylon tubes with Velcro fastening for handlebars and top tube, provide extra cushioning for the Internal Strap System and protect from abrasion.
• Two padded wheel pockets with zipper, protected from the outside by A robust lateral shield cup made out of rigid thermoplastic polymer which distributes the force from side impacts.
• The detachable, bidirectional shoulder strap, makes carrying the AeroComfort 2.0 TSA™ on your shoulder easier. Remember to remove the strap before flight and to store it in the dedicated outside pocket on the front of the bag!
• Four resistant, smooth-rolling 40mm multidirectional thermo-rubber wheels make moving at airports a breeze.
• A flight tag will find it’s place in an integrated slot, neatly hiding on the side of the bike bag.
• A dedicated accessories bag equipped with a Velcro strap to fix it inside the bike bag to stop it from moving around, allows you to safely store additional tools or accessories.
• A Travel Sentry® approved TSA padlock ensures the safety of your bike as well as authorized access to the bike case to customs authorities in the USA and the UK.
• Although there is some debate whether it is strictly necessary, it is worth to deflate your tires, as you are probably going to be asked to do so at the airport, if you haven’t done so. The Scicon™ Swivel Head Mini Pump, included in the delivery will help you getting back on your bike on at your destination.
• And should you ever loose sight of your bike bag, we have you covered with a compact address tag to make sure the bike bag finds back to it’s owner.
• Remove any accessories from your bike, like a GPS unit and bottles. Any loose items in the bike bag can scratch or damage your bike frame.
• If you have electronic gears, remove the battery and store it in your hand luggage.
• Carry your helmet, pedals, shoes and GPS in your hand luggage. Should the delivery of the bike bag be delayed, you could always switch to a rental bike.
• Always inspect your luggage immediately upon receipt at your destination and report damages immediately to the airline.
About Soft Bike Bags
A soft bike bag is designed to protect your bike from knocks and scratches whilst being transported, and to protect your car from mud and oil. If you are planning on transporting your bike any distance look for tough, thickly padded bags or consider buying a Hard Case instead
About the Scicon brand
With over 33 years of experience in designing and manufacturing bicycle bags, SCICON is proud to be the world's leading bike bag manufacturer. SCICON has worked with some of the best athletes in the world to engineer and design bags, tailored to the exact and specific needs of the cycling enthusiast. From professional cyclists to triathlon competitors, cycling tourists to casual riders, SCICON offers products that benefit all who use them. SCICON is mainly devoted to the cycling bag market and has developed and improved its products since 1980, resulting in breakthrough technologies like the patented Roller 2.1 System for saddlebags, that allows easy mounting of saddlebags without any tools or the Antishock Bike Frame that protects your bikes frame structure inside the AeroComfort 2.0 TSA bike bag. Many of the world's strongest pro tour teams use SCICON products in the UCI world tour. SCICON is the number one source for professional teams and is proud to provide the teams only with best solutions. SCICON Bike bags for winners. Ride Fast. Pack Safe!
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $6.62
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $41.99
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Magazine reviews for Scicon AeroComfort 2.0 TSA™ Bike Bag
Review from London Cyclist
As I recently discovered, safely transporting your bike on an airplane can be tricky. The bike I used for that trip was a 10 year old much abused Marin Hybrid Bike. But let's say I was transporting a two or three thousand pound prized road bike. I wouldn't exactly want to wrap it in a plastic bag and hope for the best.
That's where a bike bag such as those sold by Italian company Scicon come in handy. A little while back the company got in touch with me to offer a Scicon AeroComfort 2.0 bag which retails at Â£363.04 for testing. I told them to send it over!
Packing your bike
With these bags there's always a worry that packing your bike in there will be unnecessarily complicated and time consuming. Fortunately Scicon has created a video that explains the entire process. After you've completed it a few times, it should take you around 5 minutes to safely get your bike in there.
I really like the two separate compartments in the bag for the wheels. Not only can you easily store road bike wheels in there, you can also store larger mountain bike wheels. When you are spending so much for a bag it's good to have that flexibility.
The only issue I came across during the packing is that wide mountain bike handlebars won't fit (my bars are 59cm in length). However, that can be solved by loosening the bars and pushing them more tightly in to the bag. It's an annoying extra step but then mountain bike bars are huge!
Overall, the bike packs in very snuggly inside the bag and as long as you follow the steps you'll keep it very safe.
Features of the Scicon AeroComfort 2.0
There's a lot to love about the Scicon AeroComfort 2.0. For a start, the wheels on the bottom make it easy to move the bike around when it is stored inside the bag. For anyone who's transported a bike by plane thatâ€™s a huge advantage as a packed down bike is really uncomfortable to carry.
The strap provides another way of carrying your bike. Fortunately, it has lots of padding around the shoulder making it as comfortable as possible.
A TSA approved luggage lock is also included. If you are travelling to America this will no doubt come in useful.
There's also a tag for you to add your name and address in case the luggage is lost along the way. Admittedly you may want to go for something a little more visible as on quick inspection this is hard to spot.
Finally, for when your bike is not being stored inside the bag, it does pack down in to a neat package that should fit under your bed. This is useful also for when you reach your destination and you need to store the Scicon AeroComfort bag while you are off cycling.
Safely transporting your bike
The single most important feature of a bike bag is of course to keep the bike safe. The Scicon AeroComfort 2.0 achieves this through clever design and this is where you can begin to justify the big initial expense in buying the bag. There's padding in all the right places so you know your sensitive bike components will be cared for. Also, the way the bike is stored inside the bag feels very safe and secure.
If it's good enough for the Garmin team to protect their bikes, then it will be good enough for most purposes.
Overall, I'm really impressed by the Scicon AeroComfort 2.0. Whilst initially the price tag may give you a bit of a heart attack, if protecting your bike is important to you and you'll be using it a few times throughout the year then it's worth the expenditure.
So who is this bag ideal for? If your bike is worth less than the bag, then this isn't really the solution for you. However, if you are transporting an expensive mountain bike, touring bike or road bike then you'll appreciate the Scicon AeroComfort.
Packing your bike is quick and easy and there are not too many difficult components to remove that would make set up at the other end a hassle.
The Scicon AeroComfort takes away the pains of storing and transporting a bike. For that we give it a big thumbs up and a London Cyclist seal of approval.
The Scicon AeroComfort is available from Wiggle for Â£363.04 and there's plenty more information on the manufacturers website.
Ideally suited to road bikes but also accommodating mountain bikes, the AeroComfort is a real top of the range winner that provides plentiful protection for expensive bikes. We loved how quickly you can pack and unpack your bike.
Written by: Andreas Kambanis
Scicon AeroComfort 2.0 TSA
Date published: 06/14/2012
5 / 5 stars
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Will this bag do the job, are are there better options in a soft sided case ?
Its a very good bag for a soft bag, easy to move around,easy to pack and generally hassle free at baggage handling. Being a soft case you always have the risk of the bag getting damaged
If you pack the bike with lots of extra foam and use some fake bars to replace your carbon bars then yes....
I take the normal bars off and zip tie them to the alloy ones....
removing the RD is also a good idea!!
but in a light weight non hardcase bag this is the best... just could be better!!!
This is the new version that was introduced this year, but the Team Replica bags are AeroComfort Plus, so they don't have TSA padlock, hub protection, Neoprene seat cover, reinforced bottom part and many other features that are now available on the Aero Comfort 2.0 TSA.
Will 15 and 12 mm (front and rear) through axel wheel frame fit the frame, or only 9mm axle frames can be fitted?
thank you in advance
Notice the You Tube shows the frame but unsure why it is listed in your catalogue.
we thank you for your interest in the SCICON brand and products!
The product that suitz your 29er bike is the AeroComfort MTB, specifically designed to fit 29er Mountainbikes!
You will find this product on Wiggle.com!
Your SCICON Team
the weight of the AeroComfort 2.0 TSA bike bag is 7,7kg.
With an average weight allowance for sports luggage of 20kg that leaves you with enough headroom for your bike and accessories whilst providing sufficient protection!
We hope this helps!
Your SCICON Team
we thank you for the submission of your question!
The AeroComfort Plus and AeroComfort 2.0 TSA bike bags are both models from SCICON and share the same concept.
You do not have to remove your seatpost and handlebar. Both bike bags are equipped with the internal metal structure (Antishock bike frame) to fix and secure the bike's frame.
The AeroComfort 2.0 TSA is the latest model and has additional features compared to the previuos model AeroComfort Plus.
AeroComfort 2.0 TSA - features
- Inside Stabiliser System (strap system to secure the bike on the internal metal structure)
- External lateral shield cups (to protect the wheels hubs)
- Bottom reinforcement (longer durability of the bag)
- TSA lock equipped
- detachable bi-directional shoulder strap with padding for comfortable handling
- name tag holder with privacy cover
We hope that this information will help you to determine which model of the AeroComfort bike bag suits you best!
Your SCICON Team
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?