- Scicon AeroTech Evolution TSA Hardshell Bike Case
Sorry - this product is no longer available
zoom Scicon AeroTech Evolution TSA Hardshell Bike Case
How to Pack the Aero Tech Evolution TSA Hardshell Bike Case
Look no further for the world’s toughest bike box.
Top Features of the Scicon AeroTech Evolution TSA Hardshell Bike Case
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- 1 AEROTECH EVOLUTION TSA™ bike box with TSA key locks
- 1 Padded upholstery
- 1 Equipment Bag
- 1 External Strap
- 1 Top Tube protector pad
- 2 Wheel covers
- 2 Handlebar protector pads
- 2 Quick Release Skewers
- 3 TSA lock keys
- Product Code: TP070150502
- Product Name: AEROTECH EVOLUTION TSA™
- Material: Patented Lightweight ABS thermoplastic
- Weight: 12 kg
- External Dimensions: L 114cm x D 36cm x H 94cm
- Closure: 2 x Travel Sentry® approved key locks
- 2 x Heavy Duty Butterfly locks
If you have spent a significant amount of money on your bike and you intend to travel abroad, it’s definitely worth investing in a decent bike box.
We have you covered with the AeroTech Evolution TSA™, simply the best hard shell bike case available and has been for over 25 years.
Developed with and tested by professional road cycling teams including Trek Factory Racing, Cannondale, Lampre-Merida, Cervelo Test Team and the world’s leading triathletes like Pete Jacobs, Mario Mola, Frederik Van Lierde and many more.
The AeroTech Evolution TSA™ bike case is a lightweight travel solution which provides you with best protection and comfort of handling.
At a glance
If only the best will do, the AeroTech Evolution TSA™ is it.
Minimal disassembly of your bicycle, padded protection, dedicated storage space for all bike parts and lightweight material provide you with the confidence that you and your bike will arrive safely and soundly at your destination.
If your bike frame has an integrated seat post and a bike box is your preferred choice, the AeroTech Evolution TSA™ bike case is the only option for you! And the best part is that we have you covered with a global limited lifetime guarantee!
It's easy to pack your bike yourself
• When you receive your bike bag the first time, click here to register the product online.
• The AeroTech Evolution TSA™ arrives with all the necessary protection you need to pack your bike.
• There are only few tools you require to pack your bike inside the AeroTech Evolution TSA™ bike box. A pedal spanner, a set of Allen keys and some tape to mark your seat post height is all you need.
Features & Benefits
• Developed and engineered in Italy, the AeroTech Evolution TSA™ is the most functional and stylish bike box on the market.
• Patented lightweight ABS thermoplastic polymer keeps the balance between weight and strength.
• At just 12kg the AeroTech Evolution TSA™ is one of lightest bike cases on the market, designed to optimize load, safety, comfort and handling.
• Designed to hold virtually any racing bike frame up to 65cm including carbon frames with integrated seat posts (ISP).
• Two integrated wheel chambers protect your wheel set, fixed with two Scicon™ quick-release skewers included in the bike box.
• Our clever Suspended Frame System (SFS), holds your bike frame firmly in place, providing extra stability and safety, just like a car’s seatbelt.
• Reinforced Travel Sentry® approved TSA key locks ensure the safety of the bike as well as access to the bike case to customs authorities in the USA.
• Resistant, smooth-rolling 40mm multi-directional thermo-rubber wheels make navigating around airports a breeze.
• High quality, padded upholstery. Two covers to protect your wheel set and padded nylon tubes with Velcro straps for your bike’s top tube and handlebars keep the bikes critical parts protected from scratches.
• A dedicated equipment bag equipped with a snap hook to fix it inside the bike case to stop it from moving around, will hold the items you have removed from your bike like the Quick Release skewers, seat post, pedals and has some more space for tools.
• To load the bike case inside your car or onto a conveyor, the case includes a removable strap, which fixes onto the outside of the case. In combination with four integrated handles, you will be able to move the bike box around with ease. Do remember to remove the strap before flight!
• A flight tag will find its place in the integrated slot, built into the top handle and acting as seal of your precious cargo.
• And should you ever lose sight of your bike box, we have you covered with a compact address tag to make sure the bike finds back to it’s owner.
• Remove any accessories from your bike, like a GPS unit and bottles. Any loose items in the bike case can scratch or damage your bike frame.
• If you have electronic gears, remove the battery
• Make sure you mark your saddle height before removing the seat post.
• Carry your helmet, pedals, shoes and GPS in your hand luggage. Should the delivery of the bike box be delayed you could always switch to a rental bike.
• Always inspect your luggage immediately upon receipt at your destination and report damages immediately to the airline.
About Hard Bike Bags
Hard Case bike boxes should protect your pride and joy on airplane journeys where baggage handlers can be notoriously careless. Even the toughest cases do not always survive a journey unblemished, but look for models with plenty of individual padding so that even if the case gets damaged the bike won't!
About the Scicon brand
With over 33 years of experience in designing and manufacturing bicycle bags, SCICON is proud to be the world's leading bike bag manufacturer. SCICON has worked with some of the best athletes in the world to engineer and design bags, tailored to the exact and specific needs of the cycling enthusiast. From professional cyclists to triathlon competitors, cycling tourists to casual riders, SCICON offers products that benefit all who use them. SCICON is mainly devoted to the cycling bag market and has developed and improved its products since 1980, resulting in breakthrough technologies like the patented Roller 2.1 System for saddlebags, that allows easy mounting of saddlebags without any tools or the Antishock Bike Frame that protects your bikes frame structure inside the AeroComfort 2.0 TSA bike bag. Many of the world's strongest pro tour teams use SCICON products in the UCI world tour. SCICON is the number one source for professional teams and is proud to provide the teams only with best solutions. SCICON Bike bags for winners. Ride Fast. Pack Safe!
We are sorry, but due to your delivery destination USA we can not dispatch this item.
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
the AeroTech Evolution is designed to carry bike frames up to 62 cm.
The AeroTech Evolution TSA design allows to carry bikes with seatpost extensions.
We have found a video of a user who is fitting a Kuota Kalibur inside this case and suggest that you have a look how he packs his bike!
Your SCICON Team
the AeroTech Evolution is made to fit bike frames of up to 62cm. Special to other bike cases you can also fit bike frames with seatpost extension! The AeroTech Evolution design allows to reverse the frame, so that the higher end of the case provides enough room for frames with seatpost extensions!
We hope that this helps!
Your SCICON Team
the outer dimensions of the AeroTech Evolution TSA bike case are
Height (lower end) 75cm
Height (higher end) 94 cm
Width 36 cm
We hope this information helps and wish safe travels!
Your SCICON Team
we thank you for your interest in our products and your submitted question!
The AeroTech Evolution TSA can handle bikes up to 62cm frame size. However, the wheel circles that store the wheels are made to fit road bike wheels and 26" MTB wheels when tyre is deflated.
Unfortunately, the AeroTech Evolution will not fit 29er MTB.
However, we have thought about that and have created the AeroComfort MTB.
The AeroComfort MTB can handle 29er MTB as well as your roadbikes! The AeroComfort MTB comes with an internal metal structure that will protect both your MTB and roadbike perfectly! And if your MTB has a thru axle system, that is not a problem either! You can mount MTB with thru axle system and when you transport your roadbike, you can use the quick release adapter set that is contained in ever AeroComfort MTB.
The AeroComfort MTB is available on Wiggle.com! Check it out!
We hope this helps!
Your SCICON Team
I can not put anything additional in mine as always over baggage limit.
As the case is designed to mount any bike frame up to 62 cm, an extra small Guru should fit without issues and due to the 4 wheel design, the case is intended to be moved using the top, main handle.
I have seen videos of "how to pack you scicon aerotech TSA bike box" which say it accepts seat extensions upto 87cm, and is seat extension compatible, but in the previous Qn, someone from Wiggle has said this box isn't compatible!
I could fit the bike into a Biknd Helium bag by removing Wheels, pedals, seatpost and cockpit/aerobars hanging down the side of the bike).
The bikend did however not give the safety I was hoping for.
The geometry for the ML is here; http://www.bmc-racing.com/ch-de/bikes/road/aero/timemachine/tm01/ultegra.html
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?