Selle SMP Stratos Womens Saddle
The Stratos saddle is ideal for both intensive training and general riding. It uses the same structure as the Composit but has light comfortable foamed elastomer padding. With its smaller width body it is the ideal for narrow or medium-sized pelvises.
Top Features of the Selle SMP Stratos Womens Saddle
- Selle SMP completely free central channel
- Original eagle-beak nose offers flat base for efforts when sitting
- Raised rear profile avoids pressure on the coccyx when riding on rough roads
- Weight: 250 g
- Dimensions: 266 x 131 mm
- Padding: Foamed elastomer
- Body: Nylon 12 filled with carbon fibre
- Covering: Covering: Real leather Real on the black version and microfibre on the white version
- Frame: AISI 304 stainless steel tube
- Recommended for: Road and Mountain Bikes
- Recommended for sizes: XS-S-M-L
- Suited for people with narrow or medium-sized pelvises
|Padding Material:||Foamed elastomer|
|Rail Material:||Stainless Steel|
The Selle SMP Women's Stratos saddle is covered in real leather on the black and microfibre on the white and has excellent “all-around” features such as Selle SMP's completely free central channel, the original eagle-beak nose and the raised rear giving this model a fascinating aerodynamic style and is the ideal option between the Women's Evolution and Glider models.
In order to create the SMP4BIKE range Selle SMP set a fundamental objective:
Reduce pressure on the perineum and the consequent pressing of neuro-vascular structures in order to decrease the incidence of genitourinary problems and disorders in cyclists.
To pursue this objective they set further goals: their saddles must have an innovative design and top quality.
Research and development activities led to defining exclusive patents with regard to shape, curvature and the dimensions of the various parts that make up the saddle.
All models are characterized by common and exclusive features of SMP4BIKE production:
1. The nose of the saddle: the characteristic "beak" shape has been designed to provide a flat base for efforts when sitting, for example when facing long uphill climbs and as help in descents, offering greater bike control using the thighs. Furthermore, the most important thing is that testicles are not pressed upward.
2. The central channel: its unusual dimensions permits the rectum, prostrate, pudendal vein, the dorsal vein and artery of the penis, scrotum and testicles, the vulva and clitoris to not undergo any pressure.
3. Cyclist's sitting position: body weight is divided between the rear and the lower part of the ischial tuberosities. The position is helped by the rear profile shaped of the saddle in such a way to avoid pressure on the coccyx when riding on rough roads.
4. The length of the bars/frame: it permits any cyclist to find the correct position on the saddle, making installation particularly simple and efficacious on practically any frame/seat post combination.
About Performance Saddles
Performance saddles are narrower than the models designed for shorter ride comfort. They're intended for riders who have a committed riding style with weight on hands and feet so they're narrower and lighter. High tech padding materials and flexible body designs keep your pressure points comfortable and lightweight chassis components keep the weight down. Most have some kind of ergonomic design to reduce pressure on nerves and allow unrestriced blood flow to your sensitive areas. Womens models have a wider design to suit their naturally wider pelvis. Saddle widths vary across the ranges from narrow (upto 130mm), medium (upto 138mm) to wide (upto 146mm). Narrower saddles are the popular choice for longer distance riders as they do not cause the hips to be placed in an unnatural position. Wider saddles will often feel comfortable initially due to their greater surface area but then progressively decrease in comfort as the miles increase, the correct choice of saddle is a case of getting the balance between initial comfort and overall comfort.
About the Selle SMP brand
Selle SMP was founded in 1947 and is therefore one of the world pioneers in the field.
Active in over 50 countries, it is one of the main producers primary equipment saddles. With the patent SMP4BIKE today enters the world of competition cycling as a protagonist.
The SMP saddle is the pioneer in a new way of conceiving the bicycle saddle: a meticulous study of the positions taken on during the race and the functional analysis of the interactions of the various parts of the body with the saddle.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $6.62
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.99
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?