- Shimano Deore XT M786 Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur
zoom Shimano Deore XT M786 Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur
Shimano Deore XT M786 Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur
Add Shimano Deore XT M786 Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur to your basket now
|Black||Long Cage SGS||
Add to Basket
5 In stock, ready for despatch now
|Silver||Long Cage SGS||
Add to Basket
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
|Black||Medium Cage GS|
|Silver||Medium Cage GS|
Top Features of the Shimano Deore XT M786 Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur
- Direct Mount gives a simpler, cleaner look
- Deore XT Shadow Dyna-Sys 10-speed rear derailleur delivers reliable and precise shifting with a stiff and lightweight open design
- Shadow features a super low profile design that reduces the risk of damage from trail side hazards
- Shadow Plus uses a chain stabilising switch that when on will reduce chain bounce in rough terrain maintaining more stable drive and shifting. This can be switched off to remove the wheel
- Direct cable routing prevents snagging from any trail side hazards
- All-alloy construction leads to lower weight without compromising strength and durability
- Four fluorine-coated link pin bushings make this one of the slickest shifting derailleurs on the trails
- High rigidity wide outer link braces the pulley body to increase pivot joint rigidity resulting in a crisp shift
- Strong return spring for a positive shifting feel
- Durable sealed bearing pulleys
Shimano's new Direct Mount Rear Derailleur system gives more space around the rear frame dropout resulting in easier rear wheel removal but also allows frame designers to shorten chain stays, increase axel sizes and move suspension pivots
About Rear Derailleurs
Various derailleur systems were designed and built as far back as the late 1800s. A French bicycle tourist, writer and cycling promoter Paul De Vivie (1853-1930), invented a two speed rear derailleur in 1905 which he used on forays into the Alps, and we wonder if 20 gears are enough..... Since then there have been many advancements, in the number of gears, materials and reductions in weight. Wiggle lists a large selection of front and rear derailleurs catering for double and triple systems with 7, 8, 9, 10 and even 11 speed cassettes.
About the Shimano brand
Shimano are the makers of the world's most well known cycle component brand. Established in 1921 when the first cycle freewheel was forged. Shimano produce drivetrains, wheels, pedals, shoes, cycling clothing and pretty much every Shimano cycle accessory you can think of! Famous for their top end products ridden by the pro's, Dura-Ace and XTR, which cover both road and MTB's. At Shimano, they're doing everything they can to respond to heightened environmental concerns. Shimano are proud to be a producer of bicycle components that help people to enjoy outdoor sports and interact with nature through healthy non-polluting activities. In their 87 plus years of existence Shimano have accumulated a wealth of technology and product development and expertise that serves as the driving force behind their continually evolving product line.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated Delivery within 8 working days – $14.65
Spend $20.94 more to qualify for free delivery
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $21.49
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.20
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
This will only work with 10 speed Shimano shifter and cassette;
- you can use this with a 9-speed SRAM shifter to get it working though.
Get the Shimano datasheet for the product and it will tell you which gear combinations require the long or medium cage.
If its a 2x10 or 3x10 then the Long Cage is the one you need.
1. You are running 1x at the front
2. You are running a 26-38 2x front (12 teeth range) front and no greater than 11-32 rear (21 teeth range) - which gives a total of 33 (12 + 21) teeth.
The medium cage is good for up to 33 teeth while the Long is good for 45. Shorter is slightly lighter and hangs down less so less likely to get caught.
IMHO get the long and then you don't need to worry when you replace your cassette next.
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?