Shimano HG53 9 Speed Chain
Shimano HG53 9 Speed Chain
Add Shimano HG53 9 Speed Chain to your basket now
Add to Basket
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
The HG53 is designed for use with Shimano Hyperglide (HG) series 9-speed drive-trains and is recommended for Deore and Tiagra drive-trains.
Top Features of the Shimano HG53 9 Speed Chain
- HG technology has chamfered inner plates to optimise shifting performance on HG sprockets
- Durability is assured through a chromising treatment on link pins, and the heat treatment of rollers, pins, and plates
- Mushrooming of the pins gives unsurpassed side-plate retention, enabling the chain to far exceed the BS/ISO standard for breaking force
- 6.57 mm chain width, optimised for 9-speedSuper Narrow HG drivetrains
- Corrosion-resistant grey finish on outer plates
- 114 links, 304 grams
A bicycle chain is a 'roller chain' that has the task of transferring power from the cranks to the rear wheel of the bike thus propelling it. Most bicycle chains are made from alloy steel, but some are chrome plated or stainless steel to prevent rust, or simply for good looks. Chains will vary in width depending on the amount of gears you have, most are 3/32 inch for use with geared systems and then come in 'speeds' which needs to matched to the cassette, ie a 10 speed cassette will need a 10 speed chain and so on. Track bikes or single speeds often run 1/8 inch rings so will need a 1/8 inch chain as well, these will have larger plates to aid stopping on a fixed wheel, which can add extra stress to a chain.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated Delivery within 8 working days – $28.00
Spend $77.10 more to qualify for free delivery
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $35.00
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $35.00
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Magazine reviews for Shimano HG53 9 Speed Chain
Review from Cycling Plus
Any 9-speed-specific chain can be used with the Tiagra kit. It's okay to use others, but the Shimano chains are as good as any in terms of longevity and performance, as long as they're regularly cleaned and re-lubed.
The Shimano chain will last the distance and give high performance
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
The pin has a dummy lead pin which is attached to the actual joining pin.
The lead pin ensures correct alignment, when joining the chain, after the hardened link is fully home, just snap off the front one with a pair of pliers.
It is literally a 10 minute job.
The supplied instructions are very good also.
do you have to alter the length of the chain, say if you have a 23 t cassette and go for a 27t cassette
1. your previous chain length was correct for your chain rings/cluster,
2. you have not made any other changes to your setup (chain rings unchanged)...
then you MAY need to increase the chain length by up to 2 links.
Try the new cassette with the old chain and check the chain line from small chain ring to the 27t. If the rear derailleur jockey wheels are pulled well forward "stretched" OR increased derailleur noise in 27t. Then change is probably needed. Otherwise leave chain length as is. Google see below.
SUPER NARROW HG CHAIN
Personally I prefer using SRAM chains because they are easier to install with their powerlinks.
Do you want to compare this product?
Do you want to continue?