- Shimano M986 XTR 10-Speed Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur
zoom Shimano M986 XTR 10-Speed Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur
Shimano M986 XTR 10-Speed Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur
Add Shimano M986 XTR 10-Speed Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur to your basket now
|Black / Silver||GS||
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
|Black / Silver||SGS||
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
The XTR Shadow Plus Dyna-Sys 10-speed rear derailleur is the ultimate in shifting performance and durability. It also features a super low profile design that reduces the risk of damage from trail side hazards.
Top Features of the Shimano M986 XTR 10-Speed Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur
- Single tension spring prevents contact with the chainstay resulting in a silent ride
- Direct cable routing prevents snagging from any trail side hazards
- Full carbon fibre outer pulley cage saves weight while alloy inner cage increases rigidity
- Cold forged wide alloy links and pivot body leads to lower weight while increasing rigidity
- Four fluorine-coated link pin bushings make this one of the slickest shifting derailleurs on the trails
- Strong return spring for a positive shifting feel
- Improved cable pull ratio provides a more accurate shift action making the system less proneto contamination and trail chatter
- Dyna-Sys 10-speed compatible only
- Durable sealed bearing pulleys for low friction
- Top normal spring uses the spring to select higher gears
- 35T capacity GS cage
The Shadow Plus rear derailleur uses a chain stabilising switch that when on will reduce chain bounce in rough terrain maintaining more stable drive and shifting (this can be switched off to remove the wheel).
About Rear Derailleurs
Various derailleur systems were designed and built as far back as the late 1800s. A French bicycle tourist, writer and cycling promoter Paul De Vivie (1853-1930), invented a two speed rear derailleur in 1905 which he used on forays into the Alps, and we wonder if 20 gears are enough..... Since then there have been many advancements, in the number of gears, materials and reductions in weight. Wiggle lists a large selection of front and rear derailleurs catering for double and triple systems with 7, 8, 9, 10 and even 11 speed cassettes.
About the Shimano brand
Shimano are the makers of the world's most well known cycle component brand. Established in 1921 when the first cycle freewheel was forged. Shimano produce drivetrains, wheels, pedals, shoes, cycling clothing and pretty much every Shimano cycle accessory you can think of! Famous for their top end products ridden by the pro's, Dura-Ace and XTR, which cover both road and MTB's. At Shimano, they're doing everything they can to respond to heightened environmental concerns. Shimano are proud to be a producer of bicycle components that help people to enjoy outdoor sports and interact with nature through healthy non-polluting activities. In their 87 plus years of existence Shimano have accumulated a wealth of technology and product development and expertise that serves as the driving force behind their continually evolving product line.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $6.62
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $19.98
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
I have used quite a variety of XT and XTR derailleurs on the same hanger with no problems
With the long cage you are more likely to get more drops.
The SGS is really only for triple chain ring. I run a 2 x 10 and also a 1 x 10 with the GS and they work perfectly.
The SG (medium but also called short cage) is for 1 or two chain rings.
I was once told that there are tree sizes Long, Medium and short. But the short gage is for road bike use and the Medium and Long are for MTB
Is this compatible with new ' Direct Mount' frames ?
Torx Bolt is a M7 and knuckle not wide enough
Allen key bolt M10 is compatible with direct mount only
I would highly recommend getting the SGS if you are going to go with the 11-36 cassette
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?