Singular Cycles Gryphon 29er Frameset
Add Singular Cycles Gryphon 29er Frameset to your basket now
|British Racing Green||Large||
Add to Basket
2 In stock, usually dispatched in 4-6 days
|British Racing Green||Medium||
Add to Basket
1 In stock, usually dispatched in 4-6 days
|British Racing Green||Extra Large|
The Gryphon is a bike that was inspired by some of the classic drop-bar mountain bikes of old like those designed by Charlie Cunningham, this is a modern take on a classic. A 29” MTB frame for use with drop bars and a rigid fork only.
Top Features of the Singular Cycles Gryphon 29er Frameset
- New Features:
- New colour! British racing green with black panel and cream logo
- Modular bolt on cable guides to run singlespeed or geared with no extraneous braze-ons
- Direct mount front derailleur adapter
- Replaceable rear derailleur hanger
- 73mm wide eccentric bottom bracket
- Clearance for 2.4" tyres on 35mm rims at rear
- Clearance for a 29x3.0" (29+) tyre on 50mm rim in the fork
- Aside from these changes other key features are as below:
- Custom drawn double butted 4130 steel frameset
- Reynolds bladed steel fork
- Clearance for up to 2.4" tyres in the rear and 3" (29+) tyres up front
- Disc brake only
- EBB and gear cable guides for derailleurs, internally geared hub, or singlespeed
- Disc brake friendly mounts for a rear rack
- 135mm rear spacing
- 2.3kg frame weight in medium size, 1.1kg fork with uncut steerer
- 1 1/8" threadless fork steerer
- 27.2mm seat post, 30.0mm clamp
- Direct mount front derailleur adapter included
- M, L & XL sizes - see tech page for detailed geometry
|Wheel Size:||29" (622)|
|Brake Type:||Hydraulic Disc Brake|
The Gryphon is undergoing a revision yet the ride and intent will remain the same, but a few features to improve practicality and ride!
It can run singlespeed thanks to the EBB or also has guides for a full run of cable to use bar mounted gear levers. It’s not really for racing, not for jumping, not specifically for touring or commuting – though you could do any of those things. What it’s really for is just riding – whether a quick spin in the woods or a week long gravel road epic it will be fun on a Gryphon.
It's shorter in the top tube than a Swift, and employs a longer head tube. The ideal off-road drop bar riding set-up will put your hands in a similar position when in the drops to what they would be using a flat or riser bar. The Gryphon allows you to do that without resorting to an excessively short or high rise stem. As to why you might want to ride off-road with drop handlebars, there are a number of good reasons;
1. A more natural angle and position of the hands, allows you secure purchase on the bars without needing a death grip.
2. A more secure feeling on the bars, no tendency to slide off the front. In rough terrain the hands are simply forced further into the hooks.
3. Variety of hand positions. Riding long distances with the hands in one position can cause them to become numb. Drops allow you to sit up and ride on the hoods or the tops to rest both hands and body.
As drop bars on a mountain bike run against the grain of current convention, there are a couple of things to be wary of when building a Gryphon. There are only a couple of options with brakes. Cable actuated disc calipers which are designed for the pull of a road brake lever are required. Conversely, there are some levers which pull the cable required for a mountain bike disc caliper.
When Singular say 'drop-bars' in this sense, they don't mean quite the same shape of bars as you might use on a road bike (unless it's a more 'cross oriented build), you need an off-road specific drop bar. These are much wider than a standard road handlebar, as well as being shallower and having an outward flare to them for more comfort and control when riding in the drops.
Please note that a cream frameset is pictured. British racing green will be supplied.
|Size Guide (Singular Bikes)|
|Frame Size||Rider Height (inches)||Rider Height (cm)|
|Small||5'5 - 5'8||165 - 172cm|
|Medium||5'8 - 5'11||172 - 180cm|
|Large||5'11 - 6'2||180 - 188cm|
|Extra- Large||6'2 - over||188cm - over|
|'Size matters! That's why at Wiggle we measure each of our bikes to build accurate size charts for our customers. Our qualified team of mechanics then individually check each order against measurements supplied by you to ensure the size chosen is correct. Another reason you can have complete confidence when buying a bike from Wiggle!'|
|Effective Top Tube:||566||592||618|
|Seat Tube (c-t):||430||480||530|
|Seat Tube (c-c):||380||430||480|
|Head Tube Angle:||70 deg||70.5 deg||70.5 deg|
|Seat Tube Angle:||72.5 deg||72.5 deg||72 deg|
|Head Tube Length:||1130||155||185|
|Unless otherwise specified, all measurements are in mm's|
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Bulk Tracked Courier Delivery: Usually despatched in 4-6 working days - $49.89
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?