- SRAM Red Front Derailleur (Braze-On) & Chain Spotter
zoom SRAM Red Front Derailleur (Braze-On) and Chain Spotter
SRAM Red Derailleurs Installation and Adjustment
SRAM Red Front Derailleur (Braze-On) and Chain Spotter
Add SRAM Red Front Derailleur (Braze-On) & Chain Spotter to your basket now
Add to Basket
7 In stock, ready for despatch now
The new SRAM RED Front Derailleur changes everything. Instead of simply moving back and forth, the derailleur cage actually rotates to maintain a consistent angular relationship with the chain.
Top Features of the SRAM Red Front Derailleur (Braze-On) and Chain Spotter
- Yaw cage rotates in line with chain, improving the shifting speed and precision while eliminating the need for shifter trim
- Slim spring design eliminates frame interference
- Optimised for shifting with X GlideR Chainrings
- Best combination of aluminum and steel for the strongest and most durable cage SRAM ever made
- Precision install markings
- Integrated chain spotter protects your frame without adding any extra clunk, and adjusts independently of the derailleur itself
- Speeds: 2
- Material: Aluminum Outer Cage, Tool Steel, Inner Cage, Composite Tail
- Weight: 74g (braze on)
- Technology: Yaw
SRAM call it Yaw Technology, and it eliminates the need for shifter trim. As a result, shifts feel more direct, more precise, and combined with the new RED crankset and chainrings, delivers an unmatched performance advantage in front shifting.
Yaw Features: The front derailleur cage rotates to maintain a consistent angular relationship with the chain. Yaw eliminates the need for shifter trim. As a result, shifts feel more direct, more precise, and combined with the new RED crankset and chainrings, delivers an unmatched performance advantage in front shifting.
About Front Derailleurs
Various derailleur systems were designed and built as far back as the late 1800s. A French bicycle tourist, writer and cycling promoter Paul De Vivie (1853-1930), invented a two speed rear derailleur in 1905 which he used on forays into the Alps, and we wonder if 20 gears are enough. Since then there has been many advancements in the number of gears, materials and reductions in weight. Wiggle lists a large selection of front and rear derailleurs catering for double and triple systems with 7, 8, 9, 10 and even 11 speed cassettes.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $7.00
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $35.00
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Do i need to replace anything else to make it work
I don't believe the BB standard has any influence - the issues are to do with shifter cable throw, chainring stiffness, and chainring pin, ramp and tooth profile. From my experience, any issues here are massively outweighed by the improvements in the derailleur compared to the old one (which was frankly disappointing).
I've just confirmed it myself (and have just reviewed it on Wiggle), but have a look at
Do you want to compare this product?
Do you want to continue?