Suunto Ambit 2 R
The Suunto Ambit2 R is optimized to help your running experience. It provides responsive and reliable speed and distance readings thanks to FusedSpeed, a unique combination of GPS and accelerometer along with cadeance data from your wrist.
Top Features of the Suunto Ambit 2 R
- Water resistance: 50 m (according to ISO 6425)
- Battery life in time mode: 14 days
- Battery type: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Data transfer: USB cable
- Connectivity (between devices): Suunto ANT, ANT+
- Compatible with Movescount: yes
- Firmware upgradable yes
- Time, date: yes
- Alarm clock: 1 daily alarm
- Dual time: yes
- GPS timekeeping: yes
- Countdown timer: yes
- Stopwatch timer: yes
- UI languages: EN, DE, ES, FI, FR, IT, NL, PT, SV
- Backlight: LED
- Configurable backlight: brightness / mode
- Button lock: customizable
- Invert display: yes
- Display type: matrix
- Display resolution: 128 x 128
- Battery indicator: percentage / icon
- Metric and imperial units: yes
- Weight: 70 g
- Dimensions: 50 x 15.5 mm
- Suunto Apps
- Compatible with Suunto Apps: yes
- Max. nr. of apps per sport mode: 5
- Logging of app-specific metrics: yes
- Most recommended apps by activity: yes
- Create own metrics with advanced formulas: yes
- TRAINING/SPORTS FUNCTIONS
- Speed and Distance
- GPS track recording: yes
- Integrated GPS speed and distance: yes
- Distance based autolaps: yes
- Specifications: Log recording rate: 1, 10 s
- Heart Rate (With HR strap sold separately)
- RR interval: yes
- Heart rate in beats per minute: yes
- Heart rate in % of max hr: yes
- Real-time average and max heart rate: yes
- Heart rate limits: yes
- Heart rate zones *: yes
- EPOC & V02 max values *: yes
- Heart rate graph in real time: yes
- Calories: yes
- Peak Training Effect: yes
- Recovery time: yes
- Real time EPOC: yes**
- Specifications: Log recording rate: 1, 10 s
- Training, Planning & Analysis
- Laps: > 1000
- Autopause: yes
- Autoscrolling of exercise displays: yes
- Memory left indicator: yes
- Speed and heart rate-based guidance during exercise: yes
- Interval timers: yes
- Advanced interval timers: yes**
- Personalized workout guidance: yes**
- Fitness test: yes**
- Preconfigured adaptive training plan in watch: no
- Training plans downloadable from Movescount: yes
- Log summary on the watch with lap details: yes
- Customizeable sport modes and displays: 10 modes / 8 displays per mode
- Training analysis*: yes
- Exercise merging, splitting, summaries *: yes
- Training logbook with story and image support *: yes
- GPS track analysis*: yes
- Compatible with online communities (like Strava, MapMyFitness)*: yes
- Running pace: yes
- Suunto FusedSpeedTM: yes
- Average pace in real time: yes
- Running cadence: watch or Foot POD
- Average stride length: yes**
- Running efficiency: yes**
- Ghost Runner: yes**
- Marathon End-time Estimator: yes**
- Lap comparisons by kilometer/mile *: yes
- Cycling speed: based on GPS
- Average speed in real time: based on GPS
- Pool swim pace and distance: no
- Openwater swim pace and distance: yes
- Features with * are available In Movescount.com
- Features with ** are available as Suunto Apps
|Heart Rate Monitor Compatible:||No|
|EU Plug Supplied:||No|
|US Plug Supplied:||No|
|Aus/Nz Plug Supplied:||No|
Suunto Ambit2 R can also help you reach your performance goals. You can plan your own moves, or download complete training programs from Movescount.com. The watch reminds you of daily targets, tracks target completion, and provides speed and intensity guidance while you run.
Additionally, Track-back and full navigation offer the freedom to explore new trails without getting lost. Download routes from Movescount.com or simply select Track-back at any point during a run. Suunto Ambit2 R will show you the way.
Suunto Ambit2 R is available in black or white, with the white sporting a soft silicone strap for an improved fit for women. Both can be used with or without a Suunto heart rate belt that can be purchased separately.
With Suunto Apps, even more running features become available. Personalize your Suunto Ambit2 R with running Apps of your own, or choose from the thousands of free Apps in the App Zone on Movescount.com.
Virtual coach: Let the coach determine when you should run easy and hard! This App is for endurance intervals. Select your pace level and the coach will give you target paces to run.
Ghost runner: Challenge yourself against a competitor. A positive distance means that you're ahead while a negative one means you need to pick up the pace.
Running efficiency: This App helps you improve your running efficiency by recording the number of heart beats over a kilometer / mile.
High intensity intervals: This App gives a short but sharp interval work out. Start with a warm up, run 15 x 200m with 30sec recovery and end with a cool down.
Marathon time: It uses your current speed to give an estimate of your finish time during a marathon, so you can see if you're on track for that target time.
Movescount.com, the online sports diary from Suunto, makes it easy to analyze every aspect of your training and share your experiences with others.
Ambit2 R is Waterproof to 50 meters and with a 12-hour battery life in GPS mode, you can rely on Suunto Ambit2 R, whatever the conditions.
Software upgrade 2.0
Training programs in your watch
Compass bearing tracking
You will be able to track a bearing easier now with the new bearing lock feature. Press BACK LAP when the compass is active to lock the bearing on the display. The locked bearing indicator can be visually tracked and stays on the display until you press BACK LAP again.
Waypoint navigation simplified
When you are navigating to a waypoint or POI, the bearing is now shown as an absolute bearing from your current location to the waypoint. This used to be relative to your heading. With this new way, you can easily locate yourself on a map when you know your waypoint, the bearing to it, and your distance to it.
Shortcut to menu
If you have a setting that you need to change frequently or just need to get to some menu item quicker, you can create a shortcut by navigating to the location and keeping the VIEW pressed. The shortcut is then active in TIME mode.
About GPS Running Computers
GPS receivers are now made waterproof, lightweight and small enough to take outdoors and provide you with a detailed record of your journey. Run units are not intended for navigation, rather as an extremely accurate way of analysing your workout giving you information on speed, distance, elevation etc. Some units offer integrated heart rate monitors.
All electrical goods sold on wiggle that come with a mains power supply are supplied with a UK plug. Please check the product description to see if any other plugs are known to be included in the box, otherwise you may need an adapter for use in your country. Most power adapters will accept 110-240 Volts.
About the Suunto brand
Suunto Training products go beyond an ordinary heart rate monitor. They combine several different heart rate measurements in a sophisticated algorithm to measure how much training you are doing. This can be expressed as a very simple number from 1 (no training effect) to 5 (overtraining) and used to give you immediate feedback on how hard you should be working to improve your fitness, or whether you should be resting and recovering.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $6.62
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.99
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Do you want to compare this product?
Do you want to continue?