Thomson Elite Setback Seat Post
Thomson Elite Setback Seat Post
Add Thomson Elite Setback Seat Post to your basket now
The Thomson Elite seatpost is the standard by which all other seatposts are judged.
Top Features of the Thomson Elite Setback Seat Post
- Over 40% stronger on ultimate strength test than the strongest production seatposts on the market
- Lightweight – approximately 188 grams (250 length) for road bikes and 228 grams (330 length) for mountain bikes. Natural ellipse bore inside tube for optimum strength to weight ratio
- The Thomson seatpost has a clamp, head, and upper tube strong enough to withstand 350 foot-lbs of torque. The tube will start to yield and bend at the seat tube clamp at about 250 foot-lbs of torque. Under severe impact the Thomson seatpost will bend slightly and allow the rider to come to a safe stop or finish the ride
- Very low profile clamps means no seat interference as the swivel nuts are down between the seat rails
- Adjustments can be made to the tilt of the seat without moving the seat forwards or backwards
Forged clamps, integrally machined head, and an elliptically extruded 7000 series aluminum body make the Elite and Setback Elite industry models for strength, light weight and ease of adjustment.
Full range of small parts spares available to order
About Seat Posts
A good quality seat post will save weight and hold your saddle securely. Seatposts are made in various materials, alloy and carbon being the two most common, alloy posts are lightweight, durable and cost efficient, while carbon posts are the popular choice for top end machines. Seat posts vary in where they hold the saddle relative to their own centre line so make sure you have enough adjustment on your saddle rails to allow for this or you could end up with your saddle too far forwards. A seat post needs to fit your frame exactly and are measured by as little as 0.2mm. When choosing a new one, either read off the measurement from your old seat post or measure it carefully with a vernier calliper. Make sure you lubricate the frame (unless they're carbon fibre) before insertion or you'll struggle to get it out again.
About the Thomson brand
Their mission: “Throughout The Centuries There Were Men Who Took First Steps Down New Roads Armed With Nothing But Their Own Vision”
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated Delivery within 8 working days – $15.01
Spend $24.04 more to qualify for free delivery
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $21.62
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.99
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Magazine reviews for Thomson Elite Setback Seat Post
Review from Bikeradar
Thomson only make stems and posts and they're some of the best available. The Elite has a single-piece machined shaft/head with Suntour's classic XC Pro twin-bolt design.
This gives complete control over the angle of the twin saddle cradles, and although the bolts are 4mm - instead of the more usual 5mm - we've never had any trouble with them rounding or shearing off, despite years of using Thomson posts. They've also proved incredibly strong at the same time as being light enough for cross-country racing. The size range is all-encompassing, and there are bent-shaft versions giving an inch of lay-back at the head.
Super strong, super light and available in every size imaginable. King of Seatposts.
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Giant Connect SL Composite, 30.9
Will it fit my frame ok?
i.e. 410mm - Minimum Insertion length = Useable height.
Do you want to compare this product?
Do you want to continue?