zoom Thomson Titanium MTB Handlebar
Thomson Titanium MTB Handlebar
Titanium is a wonderful material for a handlebar. Not as light as carbon but for a little weight you get an unparalleled ride. Built for 31.8mm stems no shims are used for clamping the Thomson Titanium bar. The very best bar you can buy for a rigid MTB.
Top Features of the Thomson Titanium MTB Handlebar
- 730mm x 6° backsweep x 31.8mm 310 g
- 730mm x 12° backsweep x 31.8mm 310 g
- Q – Can I paint my bar?
- A – Yes you may. Do not powder coat or subject to heat above 140 degrees.
- Q – The recommended torque is only only 4 to 5 Nm. Is that enough?
- A – Yes. Use a torque wrench. 5Nm for two bolt stems, 4Nm for 4 bolt stems is the maximum.
- Q – May I cut down my Titanium bar?
- A – Yes. You will need a very high quality saw blade and a lot of patience, Titanium is a hard material to cut. For best results use a miter block to cut Titanium.
- Q – Should I use friction paste or anti-seize on my Titanium handlebar?
- A – No. There should be nothing used on the clamp area of the bar or stem. The bar and the clamp need to both be clean and free of any grease, Ti prep, anti-seize, friction paste, etc. Nothing should be used on the clamp area of the bar or stem.
Titanium is a wonderful material for a handlebar. Not as light as carbon but for a little weight you get an unparralled ride. Strength and beauty count for something as well.
This bar will look good and ride well on your bike for years. Built for 31.8mm stems no shims are used for clamping the Thomson Titanium bar. The very best bar you can buy for a rigid MTB.
About MTB Handlebars
Mountain bike or flat handlebars can be made from carbon or alloy and feature various clamp sizes and bends. Oversized mtb bars have a 31.8mm clamp area, while standard bars have 25.4mm. Cross country bars are usually relatively straight, but can feature different rises which bring the grips and levers higher up, these are known as riser bars and come in low, medium and high riser bar formats. Downhill bars tend to be made of a stiffer more durable material, so are stronger and slightly heavier than a XC bar.
About the Thomson brand
Their mission: “Throughout The Centuries There Were Men Who Took First Steps Down New Roads Armed With Nothing But Their Own Vision”
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $7.01
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.99
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Do you want to compare this product?
Do you want to continue?