- Time ATAC XS Carbon Pedals
Sorry - this product is no longer available
This Time ATAC XS Carbon Pedals is no longer available although you may find similar or newer versions below:
ATAC XS - The new TIME off-road pedal that actually works in all conditions.
Top Features of the Time ATAC XS Carbon Pedals
- A.T.A.C. (Auto Tension Adjustment Concept): - The proven ATAC dual-arch retention system guarantees easy engagement and dependable release in all conditions. Low spring tension of the ATAC XS design causes less friction in extreme conditions, and along with a wide release angle(13° or 17°), provides consistent entry and release, allowing off-road riding with total confidence. When other pedals pre-release or jam, with ATAC XS you get quick and easy release when and only when you want it.
- S.E.T – Sensor Elasticity Tuner allows you to personalize your pedalling sensation. The 3 settings provide the choice of more or less resistance within the +-5 degress of angular float
- Stability – New ATAC XS arch design keeps your foot centred on the new wider pedal platform for improved foot stability.
- Self Cleaning – Mud and dirt cannot stick to the simple "open arch" engagement mechanism which is wiped clean by the cleat as you step into your ATAC XS. The new body design improves self-cleaning of the engagement mechanism.
- Dependable – Low spring tension of the patented ATAC design causes less friction in extreme conditions, providing consistent entry and release. When other pedals pre-release or jam, with ATAC XS you get quick and easy release when and only when you want.
- Easy Entry – New ATAC XS body profile and new arch design provide even faster step-in. New larger cleat engagement window allows you to concentrate on riding, with no need to focus on aligning your foot with the pedal. You can step into an ATAC XS pedal faster than into any other.
- Bio-performance – Angular float + - 5 degrees
Designed with constant feedback from top World cup racers, ATAC XS provides what no other pedal can match reliable function in all conditions - ATAC work !!!
Uses the Time Atac Cleats
About the Time brand
Since 1987 TIME has been writing one of the brightest pages in the history of modern cycling. For this heir to unique know-how and technological methods ever more widely affirmed, each new product quickly becomes a standard, a true benchmark in the particularly demanding world of the bike. The highly sophisticated Time technology has led to a world beating VXRS frameset used by the Cofidis pro team which is producing some of the world’s best racing achievements. Time pedals are claimed by road racing and MTB cyclists to have more advantages both anatomic and technical, than any other make. Total compatibility with other systems, self cleaning, faster step-in, no unwanted pre-release – these are just some of the latest generation of special features. New ranges of Time shoes are now available to suit. Since Time was created, their mission statement has been to innovate in order to deliver high-end, technical products. An intimate involvement in professional racing, combined with a strategy of product innovation, has made TIME into a prestigious brand, internationally known and respected.
We are sorry, but due to your delivery destination USA we can not dispatch this item.
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Magazine reviews for Time ATAC XS Carbon Pedals
Review from Bikeradar
You're a hardcore Time pedal lover or your dicky knees simply demand a little more ?oat, this is the pedal for you.
If like the sound of Time's ATAC Carbon Ti but thought the price was too salty, you'll love the XS. It's essentially identical to the Carbon Ti in terms of design and features, except it uses a resin body with a steel axle.
The ATAC system, which allows separate adjustment of spring tension and foot release, works well, as does the 13°/17° adjustable cleat (just swap the cleats over to the other shoe).
The sealed bearings are butter-smooth and, thanks to their excellent seals, the steel axle doesn't squeak like the titanium one does when it dries after a wetting.
Overall, this mud-friendly, positive-feeling pedal is simple to set up and maintain and a joy to use.
A mud-shark pedal that's easy to live with and simple to set up
Review from What MTB
For your extra money over the Time Atac XEs you get a carbon body on the same steel axle, an aluminium spring axle, cock-all weight difference and the ability to tune the pedal to one of three resistance settings with the Sensor Elasticity Tuner, or screw. You get the same Time-tastic, knee-happy amounts of angular and lateral though, the same 13 or 17° release, and the same stellar performance in mud. They come with a new arch design keeping the foot centred on the new wider pedal platform, which gives noticeably improved foot stability compared to old models, and its new design is supposed to provide a faster step in, but as Time's have always been stomp-and-go we noticed little difference.
The carbonicity will get some hearts a flutter but still a steep price
Review from What MTB
These are the top-end second generation of Time's excellent ATAC pedals...The entry is improved over the previous versions with a more slick, positive action with none of the uncertainty over engagement or ghost releases that we sometimes suffered with the old design
The best Time's yet
Rating: Performance 10/10 - Value 7/10
Review from MBUK
For £100 a pair, you'd expect Time's ATAC XS carbon pedals to perform superbly and they certainly don't disappoint. The platforms are made from a super light carbon composite, thanks to the clever open arch design, the pedals are great at shredding mud and debris, Even thick mud and clay oozes through. The axles are made of steel which makes the pedals strong enough for everything and precision bearings keep them spinning very smoothly. Simple to adjust the tension springs in the mechanism.
Fantastic clipless XC pedals
Rating: Verdict 10/10
Review from MBR
The new bars are shaped to offer better cleat entry/exit and the springs are now adjustable.
A great pedal, but the adjuster isn't worth the extra money.
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
Do you want to compare this product?
Do you want to continue?