- Wahoo Blue HR Heart Rate Strap
Sorry - this product is no longer available
Wahoo Blue HR Heart Rate Strap
The Wahoo Fitness Blue HR heart rate monitor is the world's first Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitor made for the iPhone 4S and newer, select Android devices, iPod Touch (5th generation) and iPad (3rd and 4th generations).
Top Features of the Wahoo Blue HR Heart Rate Strap
- Top Features:
- Comfortable, elastic fabric strap to minimize chance of chaffing, strap can be hand washed
- Accurate and reliable - records data even when receiver communication is interrupted
- Two-snap connection is easy and fast and includes adjustable length strap
- Sends and receives signals up to 10 feet unobstructed
- Tracks heart rate and calories burned in real time through Wahoo's proprietary algorithm
- Works with the most popular running, cycling and fitness Apps on the iPhone such as Runmeter, RunKeeper, Cyclemeter, Strava, MapMyRun, Endomondo, Runtastic, Wahoo Fitness (included) and dozens more
- Works with Android Operating system 4.3 or later via the Runtastic PRO, Runtastic RoadBike Pro and Runtastic Mountain Bike Pro apps for Android
- Replaceable coin cell battery lasts up to 12 months
- Waterproof up to 5 feet
- Replaceable 3 volt cr2032 coin cell battery
- Bluetooth smart
- Sensor pod: 17 grams
- Strap: 28 grams
- Total: 45 grams
- iPhone and Android Compatibility
- The Blue HR connects wirelessly via Bluetooth Smart (4.0) to iPhone 4S and newer, iPad mini, iPad 3rd and 4th generations, and select Android devices with Bluetooth 4.0 and operating system 4.3 or newer. Please consult the Wahoo website for full details on Android compatible devices.
|EU Plug Supplied:||No|
|US Plug Supplied:||No|
|Aus/Nz Plug Supplied:||No|
At Wahoo, we’ve made it our goal to demystify heart rate training because there’s no quicker way to see results than to integrate a heart rate monitor into your workouts. Wahoo’s proprietary Burn® and Burst® Heart Rate Training Plans are only found in the free Wahoo Fitness App. Burn plans help you shed pounds, and Burst plans help you shed minutes and both help you do it faster by training smarter.
About Wahoo’s Heart Rate Training Plans
No Zones. No Math. Just two simple choices to help you reach your goals faster. Wahoo Fitness’s in-house physiologists have taken the traditional “five-zone approach” to heart rate training and reduced it to two key heart rate numbers. The Burn®, which is the heart rate at which your body utilizes fat as the primary fuel source; and Burst®, the recommended heart rate that should be maintained for short durations to improve speed and performance. Wahoo has created Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Burn® and Burst® training plans customized to your individual skill level and fitness goals.
About Heart Rate Monitors
A heart rate monitor gives you an accurate measurement of how hard your body is working. This allows you to adjust how hard you exercise and achieve your fitness goals, it can also let you know if you should not train as you may need more recovery time. All models will display a basic 'rev counter' indicating your current heart rate in beats per minute. More complex HRM's add simultaneous displays of how hard you are working as a percentage of your maximum rate or how long you've managed to maintain your heart rate inside pre-set target zones. This is a great feature for targeting specific training zones, these are often reffered to as the following: The Energy Efficient or Recovery Zone which is 60% to 70%, The Aerobic Zone - 70% to 80%, The Anaerobic Zone - 80% to 90%, The Anaerobic Zone - 80% to 90% of your maximum heart rate. Each zone has a specific benefit and a HRM will help you to stay within these zones and achieve those benefits. The ability to download data directly to a PC for later analysis is also a nice feature if you're following a long-term fitness program, this can also show what's working well for you.
We are sorry, but due to your delivery destination USA we can not dispatch this item.
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
It would be worth finding out which version they have before buying as this one may not work if they have an older version of the iPhone.
The apps can be downloaded for free, and there are plenty to choose from. The wahoo app is pretty good.
Hope that helps
It is also compatible with other Bluetooth Smart Ready devices/phones as its open API allows the belt to be used with a number of apps such as RunKeeper, MapMyRide, 321Run, Cyclemeter and endomondo.
But there is a good workaround. Use the Wahoo Fitness app to log your ride and then upload it to Strava once completed - takes one button push from within the app and appears within seconds. Works for me running Android on a Samsung S4.
Moan at Strava for their rubbish Android device support. There is a beta that is supposed to work but I haven't tried it.
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?