Zone 3 Buoyancy Shorts
Zone 3 Buoyancy Shorts
- 100% Polyamide(Nylon)
Top Features of the Zone 3 Buoyancy Shorts
These unique buoyancy shorts are the only type available on the market. Designed to give an alternative to a pull buoy and give a more natural feeling of buoyancy.
- Sizes available are XS, S, M, and L
- Each set of short has a drawstring so they can be tightened to any waist size but we would recommend the size X-Small for waist sizes 26– 28, Small for 30-32, Medium for 32 – 34, Large for 34 – 36 and XL 36-38
The buoyancy shorts are made from top quality smoothskin neoprene and are stitched and bonded just the same as a Triathlon wetsuit. Designed using 3mm neoprene down the centre and 5mm neoprene down the sides. The 3mm provides additional buoyancy whilst the 5mm side panels complement this by promoting hip rotation through each stroke.
The shorts serve three main purposes:
- For novice or intermediate level swimmers the major factor which prevents them from swimming faster is the lack of core stability and leg kick. Their arm strength and technique is good but because they are not horizontal on the top of the water they create a lot of drag and ‘dead weight’ which makes it much harder to swim efficiently.
With the buoyancy shorts the swimmer can get more used to swimming in the correct horizontal and streamlined position, so they start to build a ‘neural pattern’ of how they should feel in the water. This also allows the swimmer to concentrate on making a more effective leg kick and better forward glide with each stroke without that ‘sinking leg’ feeling.
Results have shown that over time a swimmer’s body position, speed and endurance can be significantly increased. The shorts are best to be used only during certain swim sets rather than the full session.
- For any level of triathlete who wants to train their open water swimming technique whilst in a pool. Swimming in a wetsuit during a triathlon is very different to swimming without a wetsuit during a swimming race. The majority of your power needs to derive from your upper body whereas your legs and core provide the essential control. These shorts help develop your open water swimming technique whilst in the pool where wearing a full wetsuit would either be too hot or banned by the life-guards.
- For use in open-water training or races as an alternative to swimming in a full wetsuit (when the weather is warm enough!).
Click here to read expert reviews
About the Zone 3 brand
Zone3 is a British brand specialising in Triathlon training and racing products. It was developed by elite athletes at Loughborough University, one of the leading sports Universities in Europe. The product has always come first for Zone3. Nothing is more important than making sure that each product is as good as it can be. Zone3 don’t only use sports technology and lab testing but, more importantly, also listening to customers and use their feedback to further improve the range. This has resulted in some of the best product reviews in industry magazines, as well as being the chosen brand of a number of the world’s best triathletes.
|Size Guide For Mens Zone 3 Triathlon Garments|
|Extra Small||5ft 4 - 5ft 8||55 - 60||32 - 34||26 - 30|
|Small||5ft 6 - 5ft 9||60 - 66||34 - 37||28 - 31|
|Medium||5ft 7 - 6ft||64 - 76||36 - 40||31 - 34|
|Large||5ft 9 - 6ft 2||78 - 88||40 - 44||34 - 38|
|Extra Large||5ft 10 - 6ft 3||89 - 100||44 - 48||37 - 41|
|Size Guide For Ladies Zone 3 Triathlon Garments|
|Extra Small||5ft - 5ft 4||45 - 55||28 - 32||24 - 26|
|Small||5ft 2 - 5ft 6||50 - 60||30 - 34||26 - 29|
|Medium||5ft 4 - 5ft 9||60 - 70||34 - 38||30 - 32|
|Large||5ft 6 - 6ft||65 - 78||38 - 42||32 - 36|
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
Standard Delivery: Estimated Delivery within 8 working days – $12.86
Spend $24.29 more to qualify for free delivery
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $19.29
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $32.20
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Magazine reviews for Zone 3 Buoyancy Shorts
Review from 220 Triathlon
Rubberised shorts instead of a pool buoy? The innovative ideas just keep coming from Brit brand Zone 3. These shorts place you into a position similar to wearing a wetsuit- just as a pool buoy might- but without the restriction of wearing something between your legs. This allows you to spend time practising your slower wetsuit kick and perfecting the timing of your wetsuit stroke while in the pool. Buoyancy is provided by 5mm neoprene on the sides, and 3mm neoprene on both front and back to aid with hip rotation, with the chlorine resistant smoothskin neoprene stitched and bonded the same way as any wetsuit. You wouldn't want to wear them for the whole session but to put them on for a pull set will encourage you to relax and improve your kick the wetsuit way.
Great idea and a useful addition to your swim-toy bag.
Review from Triathlon Plus
Unique to this British wetsuit company, these smoothskin shorts use five-millimetre neoprene down the front and a three-millimetre thickness on the sides to increase buoyancy without hampering your flexibility in the water. Designed to replace the pullbuoy by improving body position in the water and simultaneously allowing a natural swim stroke, the shorts also do a great job of emulating the buoyant feeling of a wetsuit while pool swimming but without the self-conscious stares and unbearable overheating that comes with getting suited up indoors.
Once on, the shorts feel comfortable and unrestrictive, though just as with a wetsuit, getting the right size is important. In the water, the effect is really noticeable, making drills and long sessions a breeze without needing extra pool toys. They're far easier to use than a pull buoy as you don't have to grip as you swim. The only downside is that it could become easy to rely on them too much.
A fantastic swimming aid that should be in every improving triathlete's kit bag.
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?