zoom Zone3 Buoyancy Shorts
Zone3 Buoyancy Shorts
Add Zone3 Buoyancy Shorts to your basket now
|Black / Silver / Blue||X Small||
Add to Basket
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
|Black / Silver / Blue||Extra Large|
|Black / Silver / Blue||Large|
|Black / Silver / Blue||Medium|
|Black / Silver / Blue||Small|
These unique Buoyancy Shorts are the only type available on the market. Designed to give an alternative to a pull buoy and give a more natural feeling of buoyancy
Top Features of the Zone3 Buoyancy Shorts
- For novice or intermediate level swimmers the major factor which prevents them from swimming faster is the lack of core stability and leg kick. Their arm strength and technique is good but because they are not horizontal on the top of the water they create a lot of drag and ‘dead weight’ which makes it much harder to swim efficiently.
- With the buoyancy shorts the swimmer can get more used to swimming in the correct horizontal and streamlined position, so they start to build a ‘neural pattern’ of how they should feel in the water. This also allows the swimmer to concentrate on making a more effective leg kick and better forward glide with each stroke without that ‘sinking leg’ feeling.
- Results have shown that over time a swimmer’s body position, speed and endurance can be significantly increased by training with buoyancy shorts. The shorts are best to be used only during certain swim sets rather than the full session.
- For any level of triathlete who wants to train their open water swimming technique whilst in a pool. Swimming in a wetsuit during a triathlon is very different to swimming without a wetsuit during a swimming race. The majority of your power needs to derive from your upper body whereas your legs and core provide the essential control. These shorts help develop your open water swimming technique whilst in the pool, where wearing a full wetsuit would either be too hot or banned by the life-guards.
- For use in open-water training or races as an alternative to swimming in a full wetsuit (when the weather is warm enough!).
They are made from top quality Smoothskin neoprene and are stitched and bonded just the same as a triathlon wetsuit. Designed using 3mm neoprene down the centre and 5mm neoprene down the sides. The 3mm provides additional buoyancy whilst the 5mm side panels complement this by promoting hip rotation through each stroke.
Modern triathlon wetsuits were invented by Dan Empfield in 1987 and are customized to the needs of triathletes, they generally incorporate the following key features which differentiates them from a normal wetsuit. 1, Thinner and/or more pliable rubber near the shoulders. 2, Long zippers to facilitate quick removal during transition. In addition, tri wetsuits have a very smooth, but often fragile, surface. This slick surface helps to reduce water friction and allows a faster swim. Another advantage of a tri wetsuit is the added buoyancy that the wetsuit provides, this can provide triathletes with a considerable speed and energy saving advantage over swimming without a suit.
About the Zone3 brand
Zone3 is a British brand specialising in Triathlon training and racing products. It was developed by elite athletes at Loughborough University, one of the leading sports Universities in Europe.
The product has always come first for Zone3. Nothing is more important than making sure that each product is as good as it can be. Zone3 don’t only use sports technology and lab testing but, more importantly, also listening to customers and use their feedback to further improve the range. This has resulted in some of the best product reviews in industry magazines, as well as being the chosen brand of a number of the world’s best triathletes.
|X Small||66 - 71cm||26″ - 28″|
|Small||71 - 79cm||28″ - 31″|
|Medium||79 - 84cm||31″ - 33″|
|Large||86 - 94cm||34″ - 37″|
|Extra Large||96 - 102cm||38″ - 40″|
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated Delivery within 8 working days – $15.01
Spend $29.90 more to qualify for free delivery
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $21.62
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.99
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
It's easier to put on than to take off.
The have stood up good for me so far.
Hope this helps.
Just like wetsuit. They are same material.
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?