Zone3 Vanquish Wetsuit
Add Zone3 Vanquish Wetsuit to your basket now
|Black / Red / Silver||Extra Large||
8 In stock, ready for despatch now
|Black / Red / Silver||Large||
10 In stock, ready for despatch now
|Black / Red / Silver||Med / Large||
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
|Black / Red / Silver||Medium||
3 In stock, ready for despatch now
|Black / Red / Silver||Medium / Tall||
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
|Black / Red / Silver||Small / Med||
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
|Black / Red / Silver||Small / Tall||
10+ In stock, ready for despatch now
|Black / Red / Silver||Small|
The Vanquish is not only the choice of some of the best triathletes in the world but also some of the most experienced regardless of swim ability.
Top Features of the Zone3 Vanquish Wetsuit
- The suit is designed to make sure the shoulder, arms, upper back and lats are absolutely as flexible as possible and then combining this with some of the World's most buoyant materials around the quads, hips and glutes. This is how it's been achieved:
- 1. Ultra thin one-peice shoulder panel - Maximum flexibility to increase your distance per stroke. This panel is only 1.5mm thick and made with Yamamoto's premium #40 SCS. Ref# 1
- 2.Extending the area using high stretch fabric maximises your propulsion
- 3. Sensory Catch Panel: Aeroforce fabric on the forearms gives an improved feeling and catch in the water. A double layer of high performance, water repellent Lycra fabric is used in the Vanquish.
- 4. 3mm chest panel is used to further increase flexibility and allow maximum chest expansion, with a 5mm buoyancy panel built in.
- 5. The hip and core areas are made up from a combination of three different materials, each with a thickness of 5mm which is the maximum allowed under ITU rules. These panels are:
- 5i: NBR construction side panels designed to work in unison with the buoyancy panel in the chest - commonly used in life jackets.
- 5ii: Aerodome materials used on the front legs from the hips to the knees to help support the core leg muscles. With air bubbles built between the fabric layers.
- 39 cell SCS neoprene used on the glutes, again with a 5mm thickness
- Pro Speed CuffsTM on the arms and the legs for rapid removal after the swim to ensure the quickest transitions, saving you vital time on any course.
- V-shape neck design with built in moulding which keeps the suit in position at the sides but allows a lower and more comfortable ‘T-shirt’ fit on the front keeping the suit away from the adams-apple.
- Upwards breakaway zip design for even quicker transitions and protection from having your zip pulled down during a race.
- Stylish graphite neoprene on the arms and gold and gunmetal tones for an exclusive look.
|Wetsuit Type:||Full Sleeve|
Loved by AthletesThe Vanquish is not only the choice of the elite athletes but also some of the most experienced regardless of swim ability. Ironman distance athletes love the suit for its extreme comfort and flexibility around the shoulders and Sprint/Olympic distance athletes for its speed and mega-buoyancy. Since it's original design in 2009 it's just got better and better.
Zone3 and the Vanquish Design
Below Zone3 have written a details description of the design features which make the Vanquish so highly rated. If you don't have the time, you could always watch the video!
1.The suit is designed to make sure the shoulder, arms, upper back and lats are absolutely as flexible as possible and then combining this with some of the World's most buoyant materials around the quads, hips and glutes. This is how it's been achieved:
Increased Distance Per Stroke2. An ultra thin one-piece shoulder panel stretching all the way from the left hand to the right hand side with no seams in between. As soon as you put this suit on you can feel the difference. Maximum flexibility meaning you can increase your distance per stroke, conserve energy and minimize the risk of shoulder injuries. This panel is only 1.5mm thick and made with Yamamoto's premium #40 SCS. Ref# 1
Maximun Propulsion3. Extending the area of this same high stretch fabric across the shoulder blades and from under the arm down to the hip. This really helps to maximise the propulsion you can achieve with each stroke and ensures a fluid roll with each arm pull. Ref# 2
4. Sensory Catch Panel: Aeroforce fabric is used on the forearms to give an improved feeling and catch in the water. Rather than a traditional rubber fabric, the Vanquish uses a double layer of high performance, water repellent Lycra fabric. This firstly reduces arm fatigue as there is not as much buoyancy resistance during the catch phases of the stroke but also allows the swimmer to improve their efficiency in the water. No water can enter the suit but you will feel the coldness of the water on the forearm panel which helps to align your hand and forearm during the stroke to give more propulsion and also a more natural feeling swim. Ref#3
Natural Swim feel
5. A 3mm chest panel is used to further increase flexibility and allow maximum chest expansion, however a 5mm buoyancy panel is built into this area using an innovative sandwich construction. This helps to improve course sighting during the swim and acts as a roll-bar to help promote the essential torso rotation between each stroke. Ref #4
Maximum Chest Expansion
5mm - Hips and Core Areas6. The hip and core areas are made up from a combination of three different materials, each with a thickness of 5mm which is the maximum allowed under ITU rules. These panels are:
- NBR construction side panels designed to work in unison with the buoyancy panel in the chest. NBR is a super buoyant material which is commonly used in life jackets. This material is sandwiched between two layers of neoprene to ensure maximum lift in the water. Ref #5
- Aerodome materials used on the front legs from the hips to the knees to help support the core leg muscles. This material is designed with air bubbles built between the fabric layers producing up to 30% more buoyancy than conventional neoprene. Ref #6
- 39 cell SCS neoprene used on the glutes, again with a 5mm thickness. Ref #7
220 TriathlonIn 2014 the Vanquish was rated against 14 other wetsuit brands in the 220 Triathlon magazine group test. It came out with not only the highest rating of 92% but also gained the BEST ON TEST award which is one of the most prestigious awards that can be won. Triathletes all over the world have backed this up with fantastic feedback.
Modern triathlon wetsuits were invented by Dan Empfield in 1987 and are customized to the needs of triathletes, they generally incorporate the following key features which differentiates them from a normal wetsuit. 1, Thinner and/or more pliable rubber near the shoulders. 2, Long zippers to facilitate quick removal during transition. In addition, tri wetsuits have a very smooth, but often fragile, surface. This slick surface helps to reduce water friction and allows a faster swim. Another advantage of a tri wetsuit is the added buoyancy that the wetsuit provides, this can provide triathletes with a considerable speed and energy saving advantage over swimming without a suit.
About the Zone3 brand
Zone3 is a British brand specialising in Triathlon training and racing products. It was developed by elite athletes at Loughborough University, one of the leading sports Universities in Europe.
The product has always come first for Zone3. Nothing is more important than making sure that each product is as good as it can be. Zone3 don’t only use sports technology and lab testing but, more importantly, also listening to customers and use their feedback to further improve the range. This has resulted in some of the best product reviews in industry magazines, as well as being the chosen brand of a number of the world’s best triathletes.
If you fall between sizes on the guide go up a size. The most important measurement is your weight.
|Small||163 - 173cm||5′ 4″ - 5′ 8″||55 - 65kg||79 - 91cm||31″ - 36″|
|Tall||175 - 191cm||5′ 9″ - 6′ 3″||64 - 72kg||89 - 97cm||35″ - 38″|
|Small/Medium||170 - 178cm||5′ 7″ - 5′ 10″||62 - 70kg||89 - 97cm||35″ - 38″|
|Medium||173 - 183cm||5′ 8″ - 6′ 0″||68 - 74kg||97 - 102cm||38″ - 40″|
|Tall||175 - 191cm||5′ 9″ - 6′ 3″||68 - 78kg||97 - 102cm||38″ - 40″|
|Medium/Large||173 - 188cm||5′ 8″ - 6′ 2″||75 - 82kg||102 - 107cm||40″ - 42″|
|Large||178 - 191cm||5′ 10″ - 6′ 3″||82 - 92kg||107 - 112cm||42″ - 44″|
|Extra Large||183 - 196cm||6′ 0″ - 6′ 5″||92 - 100kg||112 - 122cm||44″ - 48″|
|Extra Extra Large||183 - 196cm||6′ 0″ - 6′ 5″||97 - 115kg||117 - 127cm||46″ - 50″|
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
- Standard Delivery: Estimated delivery within 8 working days - Free
- Priority International Delivery: Estimated delivery within 6 working days - $6.63
- Tracked Courier Delivery: Estimated delivery within 4 working days - $34.98
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days, excluding Wiggle gift vouchers and personalized products except when faulty.
Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
More information on Wiggle's return policy
Magazine reviews for Zone3 Vanquish Wetsuit
Review from 220 Triathlon
Although Brit triathlete-run Zone3 do offer one higher prices suit (the Victory D), the Vanquish is definitely aimed at the high-performance end of the triathlon market. It combines multiple panels of varying thickness and different materials to blend a good combination of flexibility, buoyancy and warmth where they're needed most. The result is a very comfortable suit that was probable the most supple feeling of all those tested. On the inner forearms, a genuinely helpful feature is the use of small Lycra panels to increase feel for the water during the catch phase of the stroke. For more competent swimmers, this should be a real benefit. Thin, low-friction 'Speed-Cuffs' on the ankles and wrists make it very easy to strip the suit off in T1 and the reverse zipper works well once you get your head around pulling up to undo.
Verdict: Supple and comfy high-end suit with useful performance features.
Review from Outdoor Fitness
The Vanquish is in the test to represent the upper end of the market, and while there are more expensive suits out there, in our experience there are few that match the Vanquish's lightening fast transition speed, well balanced buoyancy and ultra-flexible shoulder panels.
As you'd imagine it's a joy to swim in, feeling fast and comfortable. It was marginally quicker than the other suits over 400m, but the key factor was the stroke length it allowed. Compared to the excellent 2XU T2, the Vanquish encouraged more of a stretch after hand entry because there was so little resistance at maximum extension. This was probably down to the clever way the Vanquish is cut: it uses a single panel across the shoulders, with no seams to hinder the neoprene stretching. My strokes per 100m dropped from 52 in the 2XU to 50 in the Vanquish, but the greatest advantage for triathletes could be in the transition. Besides making you usefully recognisable to spectating friends, the red cuffs and ankle patches are so slippy that the suit can literally be ripped off. Combined with the upwards opening zip, it makes for the fastest transition of any suit we've tried.
Verdict: A superb suit. Significant gains available to competitive triathletes and swimmers. If you can afford it, you won't be disappointed. 9/10
Review from Triathlon Plus
The Vanquish is Zone3's top-end suit but is comparable price wise to most other companies' mid-level wetsuits. That's where the comparisons end however as this is a stonkingly good wetsuit regardless of price. The neoprene feels exceptionally supple making it astoundingly comfy while the one-piece shoulder construction means you'd be hard pressed to find a more flexible suit in the shoulders. The grooved chest – designed to prop up the legs by directing water below them – is, like the thighs, also made from aerodome neoprene constructed with air bubbles, which provided fantastic buoyancy while the reverse zip makes getting out of this suit even easier than the Aspire. The suit will no doubt be doing battle with HUUB's Aerious, but the Vanquish has the edge in terms of buoyancy for less-natural swimmers while maintaining excellent flexibility. The only thing stopping this from reaching a perfect score is that it's a hard sell considering just how amazing the Aspire is.
Verdict Not just and incredible suit for the money, but one of the best we've ever tested!
Product Q & A
Ask your questions and share your answers.
I`m 177cm high, and 91kg. Planning on losing weight to 83 kg.
Chest nov at 107. Can i use the large, and will it still fit when i loose 7-8kg.?!
The shoulder panels are constructed in 40 cell neoprene and are 1.5mm stretching from wrist to wrist with 2mm 40 cell neoprene under the arms and around the Lat muscles on the back.
The chest panel and the core panel from the lower abs to below the knees are contructed in 5mm 39 cell neoprene on the back and NBR aerodome for enhanced buoyancy on the front.
A lot of testing and technical design has gone in to the creation of the 2014 Vanquish along with the best materials available. Swimming in this suit you will notice the unbeatable flexibility, buoyancy and speed that it generates
I have 3 questions which i hope you could answer
1. When will the Vanquish be in stock, think i have been looking forever, always out of stock?
2. I am 190cm tall and weigh about 87kg, which size should i choose (if it will be available ..... :))
3. How big a difference would a medium level swimmer feel when comparing the vanquish to the Aspire ?
Hope you can help
Based on your measurements the large would be the ideal size.
You will find the Vanquish to be much more flexible through the shoulders and upper back and it also gives extra buoyancy through the legs.
You will find the Vanquish to be a faster more energy efficient suit to swim in.
Do you want to compare this product?
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?