Incorrect or missing product information? Let us know
Please select the issue
Your feedback has been received! Thank you for helping us improve our site.
• Aspiring athletes just starting to train
• Those striving to improve time trial performance and Personal Bests
• Athletes with a respiratory condition such as asthma, including exercise-induced asthma
• Anyone who gets out of breath easily
• Those recovering from sports injuries or in rehabilitation
• People new to physical exercise and starting a training regimen who find they are restricted by shortness of breath
• People who share the same aspirations the world’s most prestigious endurance athletes possess – Iron Girl energy, excellence, success
POWERbreathe uses the basic principles of resistance training. Just as you might use weights to strengthen your arm muscles, breathing in through POWERbreathe against the moderate, variable resistance makes your breathing muscles work harder - thereby increasing their strength and endurance.
Within a few days of using this drug-free, easy-to-use hand-held device, your breathing muscles will feel stronger; within 3-weeks you’ll feel less breathless; and within 4 weeks every-day activities will feel easier.
• Drug-free & natural with no side effects or drug interactions
• Scientifically proven, pressure threshold training technique
• Calibrated inspiratory load (medium resistance)
• Adjustable ‘medium’ training resistance (up to 10 adjustable training levels)
• Resistor/training level indicator
• Fully washable design
• Anti-bacterial mouthpiece
• Ergonomic mouthpiece design, suitable for adult & paediatric use
• Up to 65% improvement in airflow performance (vs. POWERbreathe Classic)
• Ergonomic grip design
• Fully integrated load mechanism
Use & Care
Simply put the nose-clip on so that it pushes your nostrils together and then breathe in through the POWERbreathe (use a little extra effort than you would to breathe normally), and the device will do the rest. Improvement in breathing efficiency can be seen in as little as 4-weeks. Comes with full instructions.
Laboratory proven training regimen:
• Twice a day simply breathe 30 times through the device against the adjustable resistance. It takes less than 5-minutes.
• As your breathing muscle strength improves, simply adjust and increase the resistance as you would with any other form of exercise.
• Within a few days your inspiratory muscles will feel stronger; within 3-weeks you’ll feel less breathless; and within 4 weeks activities, exercise and sports will feel easier.
• If you have any doubts about the suitability of POWERbreathe, or you have a medical condition, please consult your doctor.
• Inspiratory muscle training (breathing muscle training), such as training with POWERbreathe, is not recommended for patients with a history of spontaneous pneumothorax (a collapsed lung that was not due to traumatic injury e.g. broken rib), as it may lead to a recurrence of the condition. Following a traumatic pneumothorax and/or broken rib, POWERbreathe should not be used prior to full recovery.
• Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for asthma patients who have low symptom perception and who suffer from frequent sever exacerbations.
• Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for anyone who has recently experienced a perforated eardrum.
• Anyone who is under the age of 16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult.
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to USA are:
We will happily refund any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days; excluding Wiggle gift vouchers, nutrition and customised products, except when faulty.
Please note: Bikes and other bulky items cannot be returned using our local returns service (where applicable). Please contact us and we can arrange to collect these from you using our discounted courier rates. There is a fee for all collections, except for faulty products.Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty. Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.